Imaging USA Overflow Hotels
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Imaging USA Overflow Hotels

Hotel Referral List
    Due to overwhelming attendance, the Imaging USA hotel room blocks are sold out. Below is a list of local Tampa hotels that may have availability during Imaging USA. Please contact each hotel to book your reservation(s). Rates are per night and do not include 12% tax. Rooms and rates are subject to availability and may change without notice

Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore Airport
    4.5 miles from Downtown
    3805 W. Cypress St.
    Tampa, FL 33607
    813-874-0555
    $159.00 per night plus tax
    5 miles from Tampa Convention Center
    Must ask for PPA, Professional Photographers of America, EPIC or SEPCON rate
    Please ask for Heather Phillips at (813) 874-0555 ext. 629

Extended Stay Deluxe
    1805 N. Westshore Blvd.
    Tampa, FL 33607
    813-637-8990
    $82.99 Queen Studio Suite - 1 queen bed
    $87.99 King Studio Suite - 1 king bed and sofa sleeper
    $92.99 Double/Double Suite - 2 double beds and sofa sleeper

Hampton Inn & Suites – Ybor City
    Complimentary Shuttle to and from Convention Center
    1301 East 7th Ave.
    Tampa, FL 33605
    813-247-6700
    $189 per night plus tax
    3 miles from Tampa Convention Center
    Must ask for the Professional Photographers of America rate, SEPCON and EPIC rate

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor City
    1700 East Ninth Ave.
    Tampa, FL 33605
    813-769-9267
    $159 per night plus tax
    Parking charges are $8 per night
    3 miles from Tampa Convention Center
    Must ask for the Professional Photographers of America rate, SEPCON and EPIC rate

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore Hotel
    2225 N. Lois Ave.
    Tampa, FL 33607
    813-877-6688
    $119 per night plus tax

Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel
    111 W. Fortune St.
    Tampa, FL 33602
    813-223-1351
    $109 per night plus tax
    1 mile from Tampa Convention Center

Intercontinental Tampa
    4860 W. Kennedy Blvd.
    Tampa, FL 33609
    813-286-4400
    $179 per night plus tax

Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport
    4400 W Cypress Street
    Tampa, FL 33607
    813-873-8675
    $169 per night plus tax

Tampa Airport Marriott
    Tampa International Airport
    Tampa, FL 33607
    800-228-9290
    Rates range from $189.00-$299 per night plus tax
    8 miles from Tampa Convention Center

The Westshore Hotel
    1200 N. Westshore Blvd.
    Tampa, FL 33607
    813-282-3636
    $89 per room, per night plus tax
    Last edited by Gregory_Aide; 07-20-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Updated List November 6, 2007
    Gregory Aide
    Production Manager

Default Westshore

I travel to Tampa frequently and have stayed at the Westshore hotel. This is a big hotel with a nice bar and pretty good food. I enjoyed the times I have stayed here so it's a pretty good deal when you see the rates of the other big name hotels.

Ron, I live about 3 blocks from that hotel right off Kennedy (though I'm moving north to New Port Richey in about a month). It's a good area and full of hotels. It's also a very easy drive do the convention center.

I've stayed at the Sheraton Suites before, and another hotel there, the Quorum (not listed above). Both are also fine hotels. The Sheraton is a little expensive on food, but the rooms are good, there's a big indoor pool and the bar is also very good. The price listed on the Sheraton is higher than I've paid in the past ($109), but you might be able to find deals on line (they often list specials). I know people who use the Doubletree in the same neighborhood (also not listed- maybe booked?), and it's also a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jackson View Post
    I travel to Tampa frequently and have stayed at the Westshore hotel. This is a big hotel with a nice bar and pretty good food. I enjoyed the times I have stayed here so it's a pretty good deal when you see the rates of the other big name hotels.
    VERY enticing price! Should I switch from reservation I have at hotel within walking distance of convention center? What is shuttle or public transportation to/from convention center?

George
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

George,
    I'd say it depends on what you're paying near the convention center. The Westshore area is about 5 or 6 miles west of downtown. It's a very easy drive (straight down Kennedy to the convention center) but parking may be terrible there. The only public transportation would either be city bus (not recommended) or taxi. I would call the Westshore and see if they have a shuttle that could take you to the convention center.

My question was half sarcastic & half serious. Thanks for the commuting info, as I will not have a car. I'll stay at Embassey Suites with included breakfast and afternoon reception, for PPA price of 149 - worth the difference to have those benefits within the walking distance. I made the changeable reservation months ago.

George
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

Well, you can't go wrong with that location and price, that's for sure.

I have a better idea! Let's just fill up Joe's house! Free rooms and breakfast and he has a car to shuttle everyone to the convention center!

We stayed at the Quorom hotel for my bday..found rates for 100 a night..very nice rooms! but there is no complimentary internet in the rooms, you can go down to the bar and sit and get it or you can pay like 6 or 7 bucks and get it in your room...all in all it was a pretty nice hotel!

SuzyQ

web
    blog

"TYSOS"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jackson View Post
    I have a better idea! Let's just fill up Joe's house! Free rooms and breakfast and he has a car to shuttle everyone to the convention center!
    Always room for friends ... and I don't charge $7.00 a day extra for internet access! Can't promise the accomodations are quite as comfortable as the hotel, though, and the bar is nothing more than a couple bottles of wine or the six pack in the fridge