Spill it Jackie Haggerty!!!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Spill it Jackie Haggerty!!!

Jackie has some exciting news to share, but I think she's too shy to share it without a little coaxing......c'mon Jackie, tell us already!
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com
    Will I EVER know how to use what I learn?

Lori, you are so onery!!!

This weekend was our state convention. Our print competition this fall was really harsh. Of the approx. 160 entries, maybe 25-30 of those hung with 80+. One of my prints did hang, two of them did originally and then were talked down in a challenge.

Regardless, it was a good day! I entered 4 folios for the first time and am happy with the results!

Today I ended up with:

Best Folio - Senior Girl (this folio scored an 85)

Seniors Choice (this is an award given to the folio deemed the best by a panel of HS seniors and was scored by the print judges as an 82)

and best of all.........

Illinois Senior Photographer of the Year (for the combined folio scores as a collective total)

Horray!!
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

Zounds, Jackie, kicking Major BigBoutay again!
    --Elephants can swim...
    ...and very gracefully.
    Knowing that,
    I do believe
    Anything is possible for me.

Kirk Darling, CPP

4. Default

That is awesome Jackie ... I've been meaning to comment on some of the images you have posted over the last few months ... really great stuff. Inspiring ... thanks for sharing and congrats again!
    John Heckler, M.Photog, CPP

Avatar compliments of Laura Laine Photography

Jackaaaaay-

So glad Lori outted you!!!

Congratulations Girl! You Rock.

Man, oh Man- make a goal in February and crunch it flat in October. Can't tell you how proud I am of you!!

Who of us can be surprised? Congrats. It's well deserved.

Bummed that "In the Hood" didn't do better.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

That is AWESOME!!! I bet you are soooo excited. Buy why should we be surprised? You do .fabulous work!

Kristi Sanger
    KS Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Levesque View Post
    Who of us can be surprised? Congrats. It's well deserved.

Bummed that "In the Hood" didn't do better.

Yah, that one was talked down from an 82 to a 79. Funny, from what was created as a studio image ended up being deemed 'obviously created on location' by the judges. I'm not giving up on it, though that is TOTALLY dependent on what my 'inside sources' of image quality believe when they see it.
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

Sometimes these judges seem to have spent too much time in their own fumes, making conjectures that do not comport with reality (however erudite they may sound in the abstract.) I figured that was the one they talked down, and I can only shake my head. It was a standout to me. But it sounds like you were reasonably successful nonetheless. LOL
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

No complaining here!
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

― C. JoyBell C.