Where are the online resources?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where are the online resources?

I know there was a thread in here before, sometime back, that showed a website that had sample exams on it to practice with and maybe give an idea of what to expect. Anyone know where that website is?

The thing is, I have been granted permission by DH to go to Florida for one of the annual things (not Imaging - couldn't get a room for that, and I don't know that I'd want to bunk w/someone). The catch is that I have to complete half of my correspondence course before I go (my deadline to complete the entire course is next August and two years have already passed) and be prepared for the CPP exam. Of course I feel sort of like a child with those stipulations LOL, but hey! It will be the first time I've gone anywhere w/out the family in tow in YEARS! Of course in translation this means that I will be going regardless of if I complete half of the course and am ready for the CPP exam or not , but I've decided to take the exam in February during our annual convention anyway.

I have the new Photography book (though I have yet to open it) but I have been searching for that website that I remembered being mentioned here quite some time back.
    Tracy, CPP
    Recording Secretary, VPPA State Board of Directors
    2015 VPPA Convention Chairman
    VPPA Tidewater District Treasurer

Granted permission?!?!

Go to SPA in January.

Funny, huh? Though me going requires DH to take off from work to stay home with our small children. So it does require a certain degree of "permission" LOL!

SPA is actually what I was considering. I learned I have to plan much more in advance if I'm going to have any chance of attending Imaging.
    Last edited by Tracy_McGee; 10-13-2007 at 10:20 PM.
    Tracy, CPP

Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Thanks, Mark!
    Tracy, CPP

Default Imaging in Tampa...

It is very hard to believe that there is no room available anywhere in Tampa.
    I'd say contact the visitors bureau; does not hurt to ask more than the "convention" hotels.

My 2¢, George

I saw a flight which I liked on Air Tran site a few days ago, but now it's gone up $50.00! I do have a room reserved and a buddy pass registration; I'll have to call AirTran soon for a flight! I really want to fly on 12/28 (thus the high price - holiday time) to visit relatives till the fifth.
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

You're right, but this will be the first time that I get time for me in a long time, so I will be one to be hanging out afterward the programs and most likely having a few glasses of wine. And I don't want to have to bother with traveling across town to get to my room (be that my own car or even a taxi). I don't want to spend my first solo vacation in a very long time feeling all outcast and left out at a hotel across town. If I can have my room at another one of the big conventions, I'd enjoy myself more not having to go back and forth. I know it's silly. But if I'm getting out of town for a few days, I want the whole deal and travel arrangements to go how I want them to. Then next year I'll be one of the first in line to make my arrangements at Imaging, which of course is my convention of choice, but not likely this time around. One of the hotels did say to keep checking back incase someone cancels and a room opens. Maybe I should call daily until one magically becomes available to me.
    Tracy, CPP

What a cute family.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

We have reservations at the Residence Inn just a few miles from the convention center. We have been told that they offer a free shuttle to and from the convention center, although I'm not sure what the latest they run. You may want to check the other hotels in the area as they may also offer the shuttle service!
    Keely Deuschle, Cr.Photog, CPP
    Orange Park, FL
    President, Jacksonville Professional Photographers Guild

Wasn't there some issue about the quizzes having some issues marking some answers incorrect when they were correct and such?
    Last edited by Tracy_McGee; 10-23-2007 at 08:20 PM.
    Tracy, CPP