Stock Image Acceptable?

Default Stock Image Acceptable?

If you do a shoot specifically for stock, do those images qualify as an "assignment" for the purposes of image submission? If so how do you separate each assignment? Would each shoot be it's own assignment, assuming that there were distinct differences in theme (ie one a 'fantasy' image and one a 'business man in suit')

Were these images all shot for the same client? If so, then honestly you should likely only submit one. Are they simply a self-assignment and you have not sold the images? If so, then neither should be submitted. You might be a little more specific in your question, and you might consider asking Lisa Pittman or someone in the Certification program directly by contacting the PPA office.

Hope that helps...
    -Phillip Colwart, CPP
    www.phillipcolwart.com

There was no client, per se, at the time of the shoot but I knew of a client would license the images once they were listed as stock. Knowing this it started me wondering if images taken for the purpose of being submitted to a stockhouse (like Alamy) would be considered.

I'll double check with Certification Program people but it's sounding like those images won't work. This also means I'll have to re-evaluate how to fill in the percentages. 80% of my photography business is shooting stock images.

Hmm...

Thanks for the info.

I think you need to call Marisa Pitts at PPA and get clarification. I have a hard time imagining that if you are shooting images that you intend to sell that they don't qualify.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge