Who passed ???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who passed ???

Default Who passed ???

Hi group;

I gave the C.P.P. exam to 5 photographers on September 30th. So far, one has contacted me to say they passed. So, how many recently passed the exam ??? (I'm not allowed to say who passed so I don't jinx their image submission passing) So .. all around the country, and the five I tested, who recently passed the exam ???

Default Mixed feelings!

I received confirmation that I passed the CPP exam and the image review.
    However, I got a score of 76% for the exam...I thought I would have done much better than that?
    So I'm disappointed because in reality I got a 1/4 of the exam wrong.
    I thought I had better understanding of the mechanics of photography?
    I did not study for the exam (my fault) I figured I knew enough.

Next time I will prepare a lot better though.

In truth, I was more worried about the image review because that is so subjective.

Does anyone feel this way when they find out their results?
    Sorry to whinge about it.
    Will Simon Zyle CPP
    ironwill photography
    Brisbane AUSTRALIA
    'for the right image'

Whewww, I thought someone had died...
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com
    Will I EVER know how to use what I learn?

Default No next time needed ...

Quote Originally Posted by Will Zyle View Post
    I received confirmation that I passed the CPP exam and the image review.
    However, I got a score of 76% for the exam...I thought I would have done much better than that?
    So I'm disappointed because in reality I got a 1/4 of the exam wrong.
    I thought I had better understanding of the mechanics of photography?

Next time I will prepare a lot better though.

In truth, I was more worried about the image review because that is so subjective.

Does anyone feel this way when they find out their results?
    Sorry to whinge about it.
    Hi Will;

Congratulations on being a new C.P.P. !!! You only need 70% correct so you won't need a "next time".

Thank you very much Craig.
    By 'next time' I mean, when I need to recertify.
    Its going to bug me now for 5 years...lol
    Will Simon Zyle CPP
    ironwill photography
    Brisbane AUSTRALIA
    'for the right image'

Default Don't need to re-test ...

Thank you very much Craig.
    By 'next time' I mean, when I need to recertify.
    Its going to bug me now for 5 years...lol
    Hi Will;

As long as you attend at least 50 hours of instruction over the five years ... that's all you need. I attend 10 days a year at our state photography association as well as any Super Mondays etc. and don't worry about taking the exam.

Congratulations on the CPP title, Will! Thats great! I would be like you with disappointment in a score less than what I would have been happy with. But, I'll say the same as the President of the bank I used to manage said when he lectured me about being really, really disappointed (so much that I didn't want to take the next accounting class under that same instructor, but HAD to) at ranking 2nd in my accounting class with a 99.75 when the girl who for some bizarre reason got ranked as 1st did so with a 99.25. He pointed to the degree and CPA credentials on his wall and said "is this impressive? Well, do you see a GPA anywhere on this? Or do you just see that I accomplished what I set out to do?" So, the moral of my drawn out story is, enjoy your accomplishment. You have every reason to be proud and no reason to look back at what you could've done differently. So congratulations on accomplishing what you set out to do. And display those credentials with pride! (Of course this comes from someone who will still sulk if I don't get the scores I want once I sit down to take the CPP exam......... so I guess for today I'll be the pot LOL!)
    Tracy, CPP
    Recording Secretary, VPPA State Board of Directors
    2015 VPPA Convention Chairman
    VPPA Tidewater District Treasurer

8. Default

in reality I got a 1/4 of the exam wrong.
    And you got 3/4 of the exam correct. Seriously, congratuations.

You figured right - you did know enough; you know more than enough to pass the exam and you proved it. Sure, who wouldn't want a higher score; but your score may very well not be a true reflection of your photographic knowledge.
    Stacey West, CPP
    Loft Photography
    Ardmore, OK

It's just a number. I think we'd all have preferred a higher number. But in the end, the score is a secondary effect. You either have a base level of competence, or you don't. Does it really matter whether you've gotten a gaudy score or not? If you got a 98, would it make your photography better? Really?

Look. It's a good test for what it is. There are some questions which could be worded more precisely. There are some areas which could be explored more completely, and some which could be explored to a lesser extent. Get your pelt and move on. Work on your artistry. You now know you have the tools to get the job done. Address each challenge as it arises.

It's nice to get a score, but there's really not a lot of practical difference once you get to a certain point. You have a credential now. Accept it for what it is, and leverage it to make better photographs.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Default Passed the written exam.

Well I've passed the written part of the exam, now on the print submission.
    Thanks for asking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    R. Scott Weldon
    Weldon Photography & Prepress
    Mertztown, PA 19539

Teach peace.

Blog: http://weldonphotography.wordpress.com

PPAofPA.org Profile: http://ppaofpa.org/WeldonPhotography