becoming affiliate school?

Question becoming affiliate school?

Hey guys,
    Does anyone know how school becomes PPA affiliate school?
    Do they have to go through some kind of review process or is it just
    straightforward process by contacting PPA and expressing desire to become affiliate?

thanks,
    viktor
    Dolyna - Portrait of a Town
    Documentary photo series of a small town in Ukraine.
    Learn more about the project http://kck.st/cA83YV

I think the process is complex. Best source is Marissa at PPA office, as she attends the affiliate school directors meetings twice a year.

It is not merely asking and receiving. Being from VA, come to New England's school in April, where attendees come from all over country, Bermuda & Canada. I am one of the six trustees, with a director. Check it out:
    www.neipp.com Our line-up is unbeatable.

George
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

I'm already majoring in photography at Academy of Art University. I want to see if I can make them become affiliate school, or at least try. This way I would get merits for the courses.

viktor
    Dolyna - Portrait of a Town
    Documentary photo series of a small town in Ukraine.
    Learn more about the project http://kck.st/cA83YV

Victor,
    An affiliate school is one that is affiliated with a state, or regional affiliate chapter of PPA. It is unliekly that your school would ever , in their eyes, lower themselves to the folks who take pcitures of babies and weddings and other images that people buy. They are much more interested in teaching flks how to make poor exposures, and find jobs in the University system, rather than to actually get paid for their craft.

Sorry,if you are looking for merits, you will need to attend the affiliate school.
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Default Affiliation

Hi Victor;

When you get merits from attending a school, it is generally a one week school like Triangle Institute of Photography in Pittsburgh. We have a great photography school, here in Pa., near Philly - Antonelli Institute of Photography and Art. They are associated with PPA but I don't think you get an merits from even attending and graduating from such an excellent school. You can also get merits, easily, by taking one day Super Monday classes. Colleges and Universities, as Jeff said, are not interested in turning out prof. photographers. They are geared towards turning out avant-garde amateurs. Therefore, I cannot see PPA ever giving affilated status to your school. Go for merits in one week schools and Super Monday courses.