Awards Ceremony
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awards Ceremony

Default Awards Ceremony

Does anyone have any info about the Awards Ceremony at Imaging USA?
    Which room at the hotel, date and time? Ticket needed to get in if your not an award winner?

I have some friends that would like to attend but I can't find any info about it on the PPA website. Help please!
    M. Photog., Cr. CPP
    F-TPPA, F-SPPPA
    Vice President, Texas Professional Photographers Assoc
    Professional Photographic Certification Commission
    5 Time Photographer of the Year

Whatcha win?
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

4 for 4, POTY, one loan, one showcase.

I can't remember the level you make if you get a a 4 for 4 and one loan. (Bronze maybe?).
    Do you know Marc?
    M. Photog., Cr. CPP
    F-TPPA, F-SPPPA

Mark,

All that info usually goes out with the info packet in November at least it did for the 2005 convention.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Mark McCall View Post
    I can't remember the level you make if you get a a 4 for 4 and one loan. (Bronze maybe?).
    Do you know Marc?
    You get Silver
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Default Awards Ceremony

Mark,

The awards ceremony is always the last night of Imaging USA and is usually held in a large ballroom in the convention hotel. You don't need a ticket to go. It's pretty formal if you're getting a degree. I wouldn't rent a tux just to get your Photographer of the Year award, you'll be on the stage approximately 5-10 minutes with all the other people that won the same level award as you. Just wear a nice business suit. You do need a ticket to go to the party after the ceremony. Everyone registered for Imaging USA gets a ticket to the party.

When you check into the convention you'll get a package that tells you where to go for the awards ceremony. You'll be getting a letter from PPA in a couple of months about the POTY award and you'll need to tell them if you'll be at the awards ceremony or not. You'll also receive a sample Press Release for the award that you can use to brag if you want to.

Congratulations on the Silver award.
    David O. Bailey
    M.Photog., CPP
    Photographer, Writer, Publisher
    Travel, Landscape & Concert Photography
    http://www.DavidBaileyImages.com

Thanks guys. Thats a big help. THANK YOU.

David,
    I've been to the awards ceremony many times (5 An-Ne Awards), but I don't have a start time or room. As John mentioned..it'll probably be in my registration packet.

I just needed the info ahead of time for family and friends so they can plan the trip. Do you guys know if tickets to the party can be purchased for those who did not register for the convention?

Here's my loan print:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    M. Photog., Cr. CPP
    F-TPPA, F-SPPPA

Quote Originally Posted by Mark McCall View Post

Do you know Marc?
    4 loan= Diamond
    3 loan= Platinum
    2 loan= Gold
    1 loan= Silver
    4 general= bronze

Marrissa will let you know where to go and when to show up. The awards attendees can come without invitation. They will be sitting out in the audience. You will get to sit with your fellow silver members.

Leslie gets to do the double duty. She gets to sit with the Platinum winners, then walk over to the other side to get her Master Craftsman.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

I think the time is now posted on the schedule. Yup, I attended in audience last two years as Don from NH was getting both Cr and Masters. We have bunch from NH receiving, and I'll try to be in audience.

George
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

andiegoodman

Quote Originally Posted by George Hawkins View Post
    I think the time is now posted on the schedule. Yup, I attended in audience last two years as Don from NH was getting both Cr and Masters. We have bunch from NH receiving, and I'll try to be in audience. George

"Do or do not...there is no try." Yoda