online image submission for certification?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default online image submission for certification?

Can someone please point me in the right direction for easy directions so I can submit my images before the deadline tomorrow for certification? I all ready have my www.portfolio.com id set up. (It seems all the threads I found are out of date).

thanks,

Tod

Tod,

if you already have your password and user name here is the link.
    http://www.portfolios.com/members/ppashow

The link you have listed takes you to conde nast portfolio

john stein

Thanks John. I got that part. I guess I should have been more specific lol....

Once at this site, then what? where do you enter the info to each image? can I only upload a "sample" as it states?

Also, it says they need to be a 5/6 quality? WOW that is not very good. I don't want my images looking that bad. (I understand that it is for the speed/size of the upload.)

There is very vague info on how to do this unfortunately.

Here's what I did. Sized the images to 700px on the long side (550px is simply and plainly inadequate) and saved at 7 quality. Make sure you are in sRGB. Upload the files. Annoyingly, you need to do it one file at a time. And you're done, once you get all 20 uploaded. (One hopes, anyway.)

As of yesterday, there were quite a number of people who hadn't uploaded yet, or hadn't uploaded a full complement of images.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Levesque View Post
    Annoyingly, you need to do it one file at a time. And you're done, once you get all 20 uploaded. (One hopes, anyway.)
    Ohhhh.. That's why it looks so hard. because it does not tell you that and one WOULD THINK! that you can upload all 20 How silly is this?

The thing is, this is their first try at this sort of thing, so we need to be understanding. Of course, we would like the PEC to consult with those of us who have the technical expertise to make this system what it ought to be. Which means adequate image size, user interface, security (OMG), etc. There's apparently going to be a bit of a learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Levesque View Post
    Of course, we would like the PEC to consult with those of us who have the technical expertise to make this system what it ought to be.
    Mark - just so there are no misunderstandings - PEC has absolutely nothing to do with the CPP program. Just wanted to make sure that PEC (a volunteer committee of very knowlegable people who have great technical expertise among them) do not get blamed for something they have no part of. I am sure you were not trying to place blame - but you know how people will read stuff and get the wrong impression.

Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Mark - just so there are no misunderstandings - PEC has absolutely nothing to do with the CPP program. Just wanted to make sure that PEC (a volunteer committee of very knowlegable people who have great technical expertise among them) do not get blamed for something they have no part of. I am sure you were not trying to place blame - but you know how people will read stuff and get the wrong impression.
    I'm sorry, Keith. Just operating on the information I was given. I PMed Jack about concerns I had about the online image submission, and he said that was PEC's bailiwick. {shrug} I'm not trying to point fingers. I simply would like to bring some issues to the attention of the correct group of people. If PEC isn't the right group of people, do you know who is?

Default The PPA Certification Committee

The members on the PPA Certification Committee are working on improving the process. My buddy Al DiCampli just posted a long post on it this week. They are going through growing pains and fixing problems and bumps in the road so each time is better.

Who chairs that committee, Craig?