Exam Dates & Locations
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Exam Dates & Locations

I'm just curious. Why are there only 3 Exam Dates for the entire year?
    I'd love to become a Certified Photographer, but if I'm going to have to buy a plane ticket just to take the exam then it seems easier just to forget about it and put it off until they have an exam in my area. Is this a common concern for people?
    -BeN LeAvItT
    Photographer/Photoshop Fanatic
    www.leavittphoto.com
    Leavitt Photo Blog

Ben-
    You should check with your state liaison. Though, I emailed mine and have not received a response.

Chontelle

Default 3 exam dates ...

Hi Ben;

There are a lot more than 3 exam dates ... throughout the country. I agree that you should contact the certification liaison for your state for a list of days and locations where he or she gives it.

I can't speak for other states, and liaisons. I give the exam 4 times a year, here in Pennsylvania, at our state photog. assn. meetings. (Feb., April, June, and Oct.) A photographer does not need to be a state member to take the exam with me.

Default Liaison List

Hi Ben;

Here is the list of Liaisons. In case a location, in a neighboring state, is close enough I'm posting the entire list.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wow, thanks! This is very helpful. I didn't read anything about there being more than those three tests on the Certification Exam section of the PPA website. Maybe they should add something about it to that page.

Thanks again
    -BeN LeAvItT
    Photographer/Photoshop Fanatic
    www.leavittphoto.com
    Leavitt Photo Blog

Of a bigger concern to me than the number of dates and locations for testing is that they will start doing but a single image submission per year as of 2008. Not sure what the motivation for this is, but it seems destined to create as many problems as it solves.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Ben-
    Personally, I think they do a poor job in the Pacific Northwest. Like you, it seems like the only way to take it is to fly to California, or elsewhere. I wanted to take the exam before a big ad campaign this fall, and I volunteered to drive the 4-5 hours where the closest liaison is, but no go. I would have to wait until next year.

Sigh.
    Jim Bolen, CPP
    Play of Light Photographics
    Boise, Idaho
    www.playoflightimages.com

Default Pacific Northwest Liaisons

For those of you in the Pacific Northwest ... I suggest that you find some certified photographers willing to serve as C.P.P. liaisons. Have them contact PPA to offer to serve in that capacity. The ideal person would be a C.P.P. who needs merits. You get two service merits a year for serving as liaison. So, someone short on "other" merits for Craftsman or Master might welcome serving as Liaison. If those in place are not making it easy enough to take the exam add more liaisons.

That's a good idea, Craig. Something to look into.
    How about since you do such a great job out there, you move out here!

Kidding.
    Jim Bolen, CPP
    Play of Light Photographics
    Boise, Idaho
    www.playoflightimages.com

Default Fly me out ...

Hi Jim;

I don't know if I'm an exception giving it 4 times a year or not. If your state association wants to pay to fly me out and put me up in a hotel for one of the state meetings I'll come out there to give it.

The other alternative is to come to one of our PPAofPa meetings to take it from me here. Karen Linsely did that from Lake Tahoe. I've had others travel here from neighboring states as well. I will be giving it on Sunday September 30th.