Input on this? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Input on this?

Craig, I LOOOOVE that one of the geese! I let out a chuckle as soon as I saw it and then noticed your name on it.
    Tracy, CPP
    Recording Secretary, VPPA State Board of Directors
    2015 VPPA Convention Chairman
    VPPA Tidewater District Treasurer

Hi Tracy,

Here is an excellent page to view images: http://www.asofp-online.com/portfolio.asp

They haven't released the 2007 images yet. The ASP members accounted for over half of the loan images this year!
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Wow Michael! That is a great resource! Thank you!
    Tracy, CPP

Okay. So my last question. Maybe.

I have looked for a while now (I'll admit I could look even harder, but I fear the outcome being an even longer, futile search) for the guidelines or tips for what rules to follow for creating images that merit. I thought I had seen it here before, but now I cannot seem to find it. Am I simply sleep deprive and deserving of being bitten by a snake that is right in front of my face?
    Tracy, CPP

Default Back from ...

Hi Tracy;

I am back from Staples (and stopping for a late lunch ... a cheese steak).

I believe you are asking about the Dirty Dozen. If you would like it bigger ...send me an e-mail. floryphotog@mindspring.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by tracymcgee View Post
    Okay. So my last question. Maybe.

I have looked for a while now (I'll admit I could look even harder, but I fear the outcome being an even longer, futile search) for the guidelines or tips for what rules to follow for creating images that merit. I thought I had seen it here before, but now I cannot seem to find it. Am I simply sleep deprive and deserving of being bitten by a snake that is right in front of my face?
    Flory has the 12 points that judges look for, but nothing comes close to watch/listening to the judges at a competition critique.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tracymcgee View Post
    I've only been to the one convention and missed sitting in on the big print critique.
    Its been mentioned before but you can see the actual print judging from the the 2007 SWPPA on video. One of our forum members, Mark McCall, as well as others, helped make this possible. You can to to http://www.swppa.com to find the videos.

Be sure to watch the high resolution files - you can tell more about the prints this way. The files are large - the one I'm currently viewing is over 100mb - so they take a while to download. The videos are very enlightening, especially on prints that get "challenged".
    Stacey West, CPP
    Loft Photography
    Ardmore, OK

Craig, that would be awesome if you could send that my way! You're still in my Outlook address book so I'll shoot you a message.

Dave, I completely agree and look forward to observing them in the future. I would've, and really wanted to attend the judging, but family obligations kept me from doing so. But I will attend any future ones I can.

Stacey, thank you so so much! I will definitely sit down later and watch that. That would be awesome!
    Tracy, CPP

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gan View Post
    Hi Tracy,

Here is an excellent page to view images: http://www.asofp-online.com/portfolio.asp

They haven't released the 2007 images yet. The ASP members accounted for over half of the loan images this year!
    That link has loan images that were by photogs who are not ASP members ... maybe it is supposed to, not sure.
    John Heckler, M.Photog, CPP

Avatar compliments of Laura Laine Photography

The 2006, for some inexplicable reason has loan images containing non-ASP members, but the other years seem to be in order.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com