Anyone know if there is testing out West soon?

Default Anyone know if there is testing out West soon?

The closest to me is California, and I would have to fly. I've contacted my state's liaison, but there are no plans until next year, and it doesn't sound like I can drive out there (4-5 hours) and take the test anytime soon. I'm looking to get this done by the fall because I have an expensive ad campaign going out and I would like to have certification to include with it.

Thanks for any help.
    Jim Bolen, CPP
    Play of Light Photographics
    Boise, Idaho
    www.playoflightimages.com

Default Download the list

Hi Jim;

Download the list of liaisons for all of the states. Contact all of your neighboring states to see when they will give it again.

You could have taken it here in Pennsylvania last Sunday. I don't know about other states but I give it at each of our state meetings.

Default By the way

Hi Jim;

By the way, did you already submit your images ? You don't need to wait till after the exam.

No, I haven't.
    I check the PPA certification page on a regular basis to see if there has been any dates added, but there just doesn't seem to be many offered. Is there really that little interest in becoming certified?
    Jim Bolen, CPP
    Play of Light Photographics
    Boise, Idaho
    www.playoflightimages.com

We've just completed testing last night in California for 12 candidates and we have another test this weekend. But I think it's too late to get to that one. We had announced these dates about 2 months ago in the certification threads. The next test will be in February in Pasadena at the Western States Convention.

Check with your state liason to find out how many candidates are in your state. PPA will make a special arrangement with your liason to have a test proctored outside of the normal state conventions.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Default I will be

Hi Jim;

I will be giving it again on Sunday September 30th if you don't find anywhere before then.

Oooops ... gotta run. I'm doing outdoor engagement portraits at 8:00AM in a nature park.

I have planned on attending the test in San Diego on June 18th, this coming monday. I can't get a hold of Roger Daines, the liason adminstering the test.

Anyone have a time and location for this exam?

Default Did you

Hi Spencer;

Just the way you worded your question ... did you sign up for the exam with PPA ? They must print up a test for you and ship it to the proctor. When I give it on a Sunday I usually have FedEx deliver it to me by Thursday of the week before. So if you didn't contact and set up with PPA you won't be able to take the exam. I am sure you did though.

Exam went well, it was worth the drive from Arizona!
    Spencer Boerup, CPP
    Spencer Boerup Photography
    www.spencerboerup.com
    Tucson, AZ