CC please

Thread: CC please

Default CC please

I have never entered any kind of print competition before and was thinking of giving it a go. How is this image? Need your input if you see a way to improve it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Whole image ...

Hi Mike;

Could you re-post and show us the entire raw image please ? I like it but hope there is more space you can utilize.

Default My vision ...

Hi Mike;

I am posting your image as I see the presentation. I hope this helps.

You want to be careful with shots that have a direct line of sight to the crotch. A slight body turn is all you need to prevent this. Note that I am terrible in seeing this in the camera. And one more thing that I heard from, I think, Tim Walden. When you have the shot set up, walk around the subject and consider different angles, because the way you set it up is hardly ever the best angle from which to take the shot. It's something I'm trying, especially on outdoor shots.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Quote Originally Posted by D. Craig Flory View Post
    Hi Mike;

I am posting your image as I see the presentation. I hope this helps.
    I know what you're trying to do with the matt color, but black is hard to beat.

Craig, I will try and post raw image for you to see.

Mark, I never thought about posing and then walking around subject. Great idea to get a different view. Thanks.

I also think if your going to float the image, the background needs to be a good bit darker, black maybe not, it needs to work with the warmth of what is in the image.

I however would also seek to have the image take up a greater portion of the total image, and not be so small.

I think with children to have them smaller is on occasion OK, but not with all images.

The critique that was asked for seems to have been lost, to only presentation, and that is fine to have as part of the critique, but some of the critiqe needs to be about things to look for when making the capture.

The rock or cement brike she is sitting on, is a bit strange to find in the middle of the rail road tracks, and thus looks a bit un natural, I would have sought a position for the subject that did not involve something that is so out of place.

Also lines that draw out of the top of the head is something I would want to deminish, or not have.

Strong lines that are caused by rail road tracks, are good lines to use for a stronger composition, and a bit of tilt could have worked well, getting the leading lines of the two metal tracks to add more to the total of the composition.

A horz, composition then seems would have done this a little more effectivly, but not having been there, I could be wrong because I don't know what is not seen in the image might have been distracting. I like the colors, and the girl is a good subject to work with again if you are able to take advantage of that.

I will post my version of what D. other Craig was doing.
    Craig Willes