Teaching Old Tricks To New Dogs
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Teaching Old Tricks To New Dogs

Hi All!

I am also going to be doing a Super Monday program in November, in my studio.

Here is a little program info:

TEACHING OLD TRICKS TO NEW DOGS

by Jackelyn Haggerty

Flashback to the Past! The Glamour Lighting from the 1940’s is making its way back, and this program will show you how you can achieve this once-again-popular style in your studio. Using the equipment you already own as a very simple and effective setup, we will go through the process of setting up the lighting style and photographing a model. We will then process the images in Photoshop with techniques to enhance the glamour look. This style is becoming increasingly popular with High School Seniors and is a great look for any age.

Hope to see you there!
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

Sign Me UP!!

As I'm in Texas, would it be possible to tape the course or send me some sample images and the lighting set up?
    art@ajwphoto.com
    Art Wright CPP, Team Recon,

AJW Photo
    Professional Digital Photography
    www.AJWPhoto.com

Hi Art-

Thanks so much for asking... I am actually working on an image gallery and will post a link soon.... I'll shoot you an email!

Jackie
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

Thank YOU, Jackie! Is butterfly lighting one of the techniques?
    Art Wright CPP, Team Recon,

AJW Photo
    Professional Digital Photography
    www.AJWPhoto.com

Butterfly and Loop, Art.

And how about a little fashion style with that?
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

― C. JoyBell C.

Let me cross my fingers and hope for the best. I'd love to take this.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Default Congrats

Hi Jackie;

Congratulations on your Super Monday class. It sounds like a great class. I hope you will be incorporating a focusing spotlight in it using shadow cookies which was prevelent back then. You can also use a spotlight as your key light.

After you get this speaking merit, how many more will you need for the Photographic Craftsman Degree ?

Jackie,

That sounds like a really cool Super Monday program, I wish I was closer to Normal!
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

Quote Originally Posted by D. Craig Flory View Post
    Hi Jackie;

Congratulations on your Super Monday class. It sounds like a great class. I hope you will be incorporating a focusing spotlight in it using shadow cookies which was prevelent back then. You can also use a spotlight as your key light.

After you get this speaking merit, how many more will you need for the Photographic Craftsman Degree ?
    Craig- my program is about using what you have available, so based on the photographers attending, and the current lighting setup and modifiers they own, we will be going over a few different ways using a few different techniques-thanks for your tips.

I am not counting my speaking merits - it's the print merits that count for me right now. I fall somewhere in between not knowing how many I have and how many I need.
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

― C. JoyBell C.