Thinking I *might* want to enter competition.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thinking I *might* want to enter competition.....

I am still not sure, but I am leaning toward entering this year at nationals, which will be my first time entering......so I am scared to death, of course.

These are just pulled from my blogs......just trying to get an idea if any of these are "wow" images that I should enter. I've looked at them all so long that I have ceased to "see" them and have NO clue what I want to do. HELP!

Please give me your thoughts on which ones you think would make it and I will start working on crops and presentation formats. Thanks! Also, title help would be appreciated.

Its so frustrating to me, because I don't think any of these are necessarily competition worthy (just because I am tired of them), but these are the ones that people consistently "love" so....I figured it was worth a shot.

Last edited by Naomi_Angel; 05-18-2007 at 06:24 AM.

so i lied about"one" more

Or....is this one of that concept better???

I'm leaning to the purple, because I like his shirt better....but in the color, I love his stance. too difficult......grr.

Go for it, Naomi. You've really developed a striking style. And you have plenty of fine work from which to choose.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

My assistants have voted..............the top four they have picked are 1, 2, 3, 5.

What do you guys think? Do those four seem like good ones? I've never done any comps because I have always gotten too busy and forgotten when the deadlines were, so I am really clueless here.

Naomi,

I think you need some more practice. I don't think you are there yet. Please- Please take my advice and wait for a year or two.
    Love,
    Diane
    Last edited by DianeDavis; 05-18-2007 at 01:43 PM. Reason: To make it more green

2 is my favorite. go for it .
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Rory Schweighart C.P.P.
    Inspiration is for armatures, the rest of us just show up and get to work.

Default First of all....

First of all, I am always blown away by your images. But, I have a suggestion for you right away. Those that are not Masters must submit a 16"X20" OR 20" X 16" presentation. That does not mean your image must be that size. But, I think it would help with comments if you posted in 16X20 proportional sizes.

Naomi,
    1, 2 and 3 are your stongest in my opinion. THe second kendl and dusty is also very strong.

SO I would work up 1,2,3, and Kendall and dusty.

Just my thoughts. If you sent those, and print quality, along with presentation was good, I think you could have a pretty good print case.
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC