Wildlife Print Title?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Wildlife Print Title?

I need a title of this not just for comp, but also for gallery prints. I took this at Yellowstone last year. He (she?) was drinking some water and I snapped it just as something caught his attention.
    Since I am new at entering wildlife and animal prints at PPA print competitions, any suggestions are welcome. Even if they are just "Bag it and send something else!" LOL
    Of course if there is anyone that wants to take a shot at scoring it that would be great too!

Rebecca
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Quickly ...

Hi Rebecca;

I have a portrait session due in the studio in about 15 minutes but, till then, I'll post some ideas.

"Call of the Wild" / "King of his Domain" / or "Not Housebroken" .

Flip it............You read into the image and land on his face, not his hiney.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cisco View Post
    Flip it............You read into the image and land on his face, not his hiney.
    Well , what if the title was "Wolf Hiney"? Actually I agree with you completely.
    Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

"Hungry Like A Wolf"

I agree with the flip. He (or she) doesn't look like a very hungry wolf, though. In fact, h/she looks pretty well fed. Maybe something like "successful hunter" (which sounds stupid, when I write it out) but something along the lines of his/her obvious prowess at survival and eating! Maybe "top dog."

Quote Originally Posted by Keith A. Howe View Post
    Well , what if the title was "Wolf Hiney"? Actually I agree with you completely.
    Keith
    Coming back to this, I see I didn't help by answering what was ask for....sorry

"Leader of the Pack"
    "Alpha Male"
    Last edited by Dave_Cisco; 05-17-2007 at 03:09 AM.

8. Default

Thanks Fellas! I totally agree with you about the flippin' it thing. See how wonderful it is to have this forum! Any more suggestion, changes or whether or not you think it is "print competition" worthy, bring em on. Great title suggestions too.

Rebecca

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cisco View Post
    Coming back to this, I see I didn't help by answering what was ask for....sorry

"Leader of the Pack"
    "Alpha Male"
    Yes, but your advice was spot on!
    John Heckler, M.Photog, CPP

Avatar compliments of Laura Laine Photography

Rebecca,
    I'm thinking you need a title that explains the tongue hanging out. The words, "interrupted," "alert," "pause to refresh??" come to mind. I don't have the perfect title, but do you see what I'm getting at?
    Debra