Derry Denver Painter Workshop-June 11/14

Default Derry Denver Painter Workshop-June 11/14

Hi:

I will be teaching an Introductory Painter X workshop this June 11-14 in Denver, Colorado. Photographer Karrie Davis is hosting the workshop and is located in Centennial, Colorado—a suburb of Denver.

This Introductory Expressive Photographic Interpretation workshop will introduce you to Corel® Painter™ X, utilizing its revolutionary Smart Stroke brushes. This technology enables new users to create finished works of art with no painting or drawing experience.

The workshop will guide you through the process of combining Adobe®Photoshop® and Corel Painter X to transform photographs into painted results. Painter X’s breaktrough Smart Stroke technology will be highlighted in this session.

Using this tool, compelling art can be generated in a single mouse click, then utilized for further refinement. Utilizing exploration-encouraging Safety Net techniques, the class will learn by working along with me on the same image. You'll also receive my custom Smart Stroke brushes.

Students should have some experience with Photoshop as a basis for this class. No Painter experience is necessary. Students are responsible for their own laptop with both Photoshop and Painter X installed (a fully functional 30-day trial version of Painter X is available at www.corel.com/painterX.) A Wacom tablet is highly recommended and essential if you intend on continuing developing your own expressive interpretations.

This is a PPA Continuing Education approved class. Current PPA members will receive one service merit for completing the class.

I hope to see some of you there!

-john

For additional information and registration, click on the banner below.

John Derry
    Cr. Photog.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Pixels—it's all in how you arrange them!
    pixlart.com
    The PixlBlog
    Digital Paint Magazine

The Denver Workshop is filling up with just a few seats left! I will be highlighting Painter X's breakthrough SmartStrokes. This amazing technology enables the "drawing-challenged" to create hand-rendered results.

Here is an example of what you'll learn to do in the workshop:

Original Photograph ©Dustine Wallace

Auto-painting using Smart Strokes

Don't miss out on this opportunity!

John Derry
    Cr. Photog.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Pixels—it's all in how you arrange them!
    pixlart.com
    The PixlBlog
    Digital Paint Magazine