Question about Approved PPA print case

Default Question about Approved PPA print case

Hola Colleagues,

i need and advise from those that have been in print competion before, since this my first time to send my prints i don't know which print case to buy, i found in the Adorama store one called "Fiberbuilt" it seems pretty tough, here is the link if you want to take a look:
    http://www.adorama.com/FIP5016204.html

What do you think? is it ok??

Please Reply....

Yes, it will do the job. I bought the same this year. The sides of the lid bow out somewhat - not a perfect fit, but it looks to be durable and should protect your prints. Remember to put something between your prints so they don't rub together.

Dear Alvaro,

That case seems like it would do the trick. Why are you considering a 4" thick case? I have a 2" case and when sending only 4 images to national I have to pack a bunch of filler.

Here's a link to where I got one a couple years ago.

http://www.printfile.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=432
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

Default I have two and

Hi Alvaro;

I have owned two Fiberbilt cases for probably around 30 years. I have a 2 inch and a 3 inch and use the 3" most of the time. I would recommend no less than a 3" case. I put something between the prints and a piece of foam-core in the top. If I had it to do over again I'd buy a 3" and a 4". Besides for competition, I've used my cases for carrying prints to photographys shows that I've had a booth in. I have also used them when I taught classes in going for my Craftsman Degree. The 2" case doesn't give me much room.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Craig Flory View Post
    Hi Alvaro;

I have owned two Fiberbilt cases for probably around 30 years. I have a 2 inch and a 3 inch and use the 3" most of the time.

Siwwy Wabbit...for 4 prints??? I used a 1" for 15 years... cinch it down and tape it up.

Thanks to all of you, I think i will get the 3 inch....

Default Did you

Hi Dave;

As I said in my post ... I use both for more than just competition. And I served on our state print committee for many years and saw that the small 1" cases were a bit too tight most of the time. I could live with a 2" case but never a 1". I'd be too paranoid ... I like lots of padding after all the work I put into them.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Craig Flory View Post
    Hi Dave;

As I said in my post ... I use both for more than just competition. And I served on our state print committee for many years and saw that the small 1" cases were a bit too tight most of the time. I could live with a 2" case but never a 1". I'd be too paranoid ... I like lots of padding after all the work I put into them.
    ...then I'd say you bought the right case. Since I mounted my own prints, I just used the slick side of the adhesive's release paper next to the print surface...it's like teflon.