Certification matters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Certification matters

Hi group;

In the monthly certification newsletter, two PPA Forum members had something to say:

Being a Certified Professional Wedding Photographer has allowed me to

book at least a couple of weddings which I might otherwise have lost to

other photographers. In both instances, my clients told me

"Certification matters and was a deciding factor in selecting you over

the other photographers we were considering." While these clients may

not have understood everything which is involved in certification, they

themselves are in industries such as accounting or education where

certification provides a level of prestige.

Howard Kier

When I became Certified The first thing I did was put a new headshot of myself along with a press release from PPA in my local paper. People literally stopped me on the street to congratulate me and families of seniors I had photographed the previous summer sent me cards saying how much they enjoyed telling other people that their photographer was one of only X number of photographers in the country to have this designation. I framed my certificate and hung it on the wall right at the entrance to the studio. I started using the Certified logo on my cards, letterhead and price lists. Anytime I ran an ad in the paper or yellow pages I included the logo. My web site has a link to the PPA web sites page explaining what Certification is and I use the Logo on my site. Almost every bride that has interviewed me to photograph her wedding has asked what it means. Anytime they see me or my name it says Certified and they remember it and ask about it.

David Lottes

I agree with D.Craig. Certification is something to be proud of. It is only benifitial if you use it. Like D.Craig, use it on everything. The word "Certified" is more recognized than Masters Degree or Photographic Craftsman. Just my opinion.
    Ed
    Ed Booth, PPA Certified, M Photog.Cr., API, P/BA, F-PPC, S-PPC
    Huth & Booth-The Portrait Gallery
    Riverview/Brandon
    Florida

Default Howard Kier and David Lottes ...

Hi group;

Where are all of the members leaving praises for Howard Kier and David Lottes for being featured in the latest certification newsletter ?

Anyhow ... congratulations to you both !

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, D Craig. Is this a newsletter just for CPP's? If so, I dont' get the newsletter - yet.

Congrats to Howard and David!! Well spoken and I'm looking forward to getting my certification and enjoying the success that you two speak of.
    Cassandra Sullivan, CPP
    Massachusetts CPP Liason

Cassandra's Photography
    Here & There - The Blog
    "If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."

Congrats guys - are you selling autographs? I don't get this newsletter either, but I'm studying to become Certified!
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com
    Will I EVER know how to use what I learn?

Hey Craig, what newsletter are you talking about? I'm CPP but don't remember getting one.... is this another secret society ?
    Betsy Finn, Cr.Photog., CPP
    bphotoart :: learnwithbetsy :: email

I had heard about the newsletter, but I'm not getting it either. Maybe it's a regional thing.
    --Elephants can swim...
    ...and very gracefully.
    Knowing that,
    I do believe
    Anything is possible for me.

Kirk Darling, CPP

Default For ....

Hi group;

April Certification Liaison Newsletter .... you need to be a C.P.P. Liaison to get it. Doesn't it make you that are certified want to be a liaison and give the exam ?

And the next question is.... how does one go about being a CPP Liaison? What does it entail? I'll do anything for a newsletter.
    Liz Vance, Cr. Photog, CPP
    oh baby photography
    bellies. babies. beautiful.
    www.ohbabyphoto.com

A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there--even if you put them all end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity. - Robert Doisneau

Thanks for the acknowledgement D.Craig!

As you can see, Howard and I are tremendously popular.

Do you know whose chain I need to yank to get a copy for my memoir.