For title ideas ... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Dixie ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Brum View Post
    I started humming "Christmas in Dixie" when I saw the barn in snow.
    Hi Jennifer;

Considering that farm is in south central Pennsylvania, it is not in Dixie. The Mason-Dixon line is about two hours south of here. But I'm very happy I gave you a tune to hum and now not be able to get out of your head for weeks to come.

One type barn I want to try to find, and photograph, this year is one with a hex sign on it. Is there anyone who doesn't know about Pa. Dutch Hex Signs ? I will probably find some in Lancaster County when I also look to get images of Amish Horse and Buggies.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Craig Flory View Post
    Hi Jennifer;

Considering that farm is in south central Pennsylvania, it is not in Dixie. The Mason-Dixon line is about two hours south of here. But I'm very happy I gave you a tune to hum and now not be able to get out of your head for weeks to come.

One type barn I want to try to find, and photograph, this year is one with a hex sign on it. Is there anyone who doesn't know about Pa. Dutch Hex Signs ? I will probably find some in Lancaster County when I also look to get images of Amish Horse and Buggies.
    Craig,
    How about coming up in October to NH, and we can have a photo safari? We have a lot of cool barns here especially during when the foliage is at it's peak.
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Default I'll see if I can ...

Hi Jeff;

I'll have to see if I can make the trip. I forgot ... I also would like to do some images of covered bridges. We have them here in Pa. but I know you also have them up that way.

Hey Craig,

Come to our Conference this weekend and I can put you near at least 5 covered bridges within 30 minutes or so of the Conference hotel!
    Last edited by Don_Chick; 04-16-2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: speeelling
    Don
    M.Photog., Cr., CPP, D.C.Ph.

www.donchick.com

Default Unfortunately ...

Hi Don;

Sunday through Wednesday I'll be at our (Pa.) state convention. I'll be giving the Certification Exam, running meeting security, overseeing trade show security, attending seminars, and trying to fit in a little time watching the print competition. So, the only way I can make it to New Hampshire is if I can get the Flux Capacitor working again in the Delorean. If so, I'll come up there and then, coming back, I will set the day for Sunday so I don't miss any of our convention.

And, if I'm lucky enough to get some blue ribbons I want to watch them be shown in the slide show during the awards banquet. Thanks for the invitation.

Craig,
    How much security does a meeting usually require?
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Default Jeff ....

Hi Jeff;

I don't have to use a Taser more than twice a day and haven't had to use handcuffs in quite some time. My experience as Air Force Security Police augmentee doesn't come in handy often. And having been qualified on the M-1 Carbine, M-2, and M-16 never gets used at all.

My committee and I watch to make sure that anyone in the programs is wearing a member, supporting member, guest, or speaker badge. And we watch to make sure uquipment doesn't "wander off". When we stop for meals, or at the end of the day, I call the hotel to have them lock the room. I have asked people to leave in the past if they didn't have a badge.

As you know from when you attended our February meeting ... I didn't kick you out so anyone can get in the programs ... with the proper badge.

I am also in charge of having people to sit at the door for the annual convention trade show.

Craig,
    If it's not too late, how about "the hundredth winter" on the farm scene. I like the photo, by the way. I'm on kind of a personal quest to photograph much of the disappearing old barns from my area of upstate NY. I've lived here all my life and in the last 40 years have seen so many of the beautiful old "country cathedrals" falling in on themselves that it's depressing. Some people are saving them and building beautiful farms around them, but others are just left to fall down.

I thought of "Jack in the basket" as soon as I saw the picture and before I read your idea, so that must be a good one

Here's one of my favorite farms, just down the road from me, with the most beautiful barns I've seen (on a gray, snowing great lakes winder day):
    Attached Images Attached Images