Emotional question.... *warning- wierd post*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Emotional question.... *warning- wierd post*

I shipped my prints to regionals last night. I hand carried to state. Does anyone else have an emotional response to leaving thier case? I had a little bit of a hard time walking away from it at state but I saw the little white gloves and new it would be ok.... LOL...

Last night I handed my case over to the FedEx guy at Kinkos. I felt like I was leaving a newborn at a strange daycare. Hehehehe. I had to laugh at myself... I had to pull myself away and I found myself looking for the tracking slip this morning to keep tabs on it. Talk about being emotionally attached to your work. I can handle the judges tearing it apart but not the Fed Ex guy not carefully supporting the cases they are carried in...

Any other similar reactions you want to share or am I just plain wierd? (Ok... that's a given but who else is wierd?)

Default OMG, What Have You Done!?

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie Harte View Post
    I shipped my prints to regionals last night. I hand carried to state. Does anyone else have an emotional response to leaving thier case? I had a little bit of a hard time walking away from it at state but I saw the little white gloves and new it would be ok.... LOL...

Last night I handed my case over to the FedEx guy at Kinkos. I felt like I was leaving a newborn at a strange daycare. Hehehehe. I had to laugh at myself... I had to pull myself away and I found myself looking for the tracking slip this morning to keep tabs on it. Talk about being emotionally attached to your work. I can handle the judges tearing it apart but not the Fed Ex guy not carefully supporting the cases they are carried in...

Any other similar reactions you want to share or am I just plain wierd? (Ok... that's a given but who else is wierd?)

Valerie,

OMG, What Have You Done?!

Don't you know Fed Ex is the worste possible way to ship your prints?

You are viturally guanenteed they will show up damages, if at all!

In fact...

Sorry, just messing with ya! I could not resist!
    Last edited by Don_Eisenhart; 04-07-2007 at 03:57 PM.
    Donnie Eisenhart

Don Eisenhart Photography
    Would list my web site, but it really needs work...

Sarcasim in green for clarity!

I don't have that problem. I actually want to get them gone. I look at them so much and debate about whether I want to change some little thing. I put them away, then bring them out and look at them again. Then I just get fed up and send the case usually early rather than late.
    I can take the criticism, and it usually makes a lot of sense. I use UPS and so far they've not messed up.
    Best of luck with your case.

I've only heard of one time when someone's print case went badly astray. She had shipped it U.S. Mail and it was on a train that derailed, scattering the mail all over. Her print case came open and the prints were ruined by rain and dirt. The salvage people put them back in and sent them on to national anyway with an attached note "damaged in shippping". Of course, she had sent it last minute and there was no time to make new prints. National gave her 4 merits in compensation.

Default Hmmmmm ....

Quote Originally Posted by Anne LeBouton View Post
    I've only heard of one time when someone's print case went badly astray. She had shipped it U.S. Mail and it was on a train that derailed, scattering the mail all over. Her print case came open and the prints were ruined by rain and dirt. The salvage people put them back in and sent them on to national anyway with an attached note "damaged in shippping". Of course, she had sent it last minute and there was no time to make new prints. National gave her 4 merits in compensation.
    Hi Anne;

Hmmm, after reading that, it occurred to me that some people may try to have their print cases in wrecks every year. At that rate they could have 12 merits in 3 years and only need 1, the next year, for Master ... assuming they had 12 other merits. No wait ... I just realized that would mean buy at least one new print case every year. And if any affiliated judges read what you wrote and hundreds of "damaged" cases start coming in there might be an investigation. Never mind.

I suspect - or at least I hope - that the four damaged prints already had seals from an affliate and the maker could verify that. I hope national is not in the habit of handing out 4 merits just cause they feel bad that someones case got trashed. Otherwise - it could be like D. Craig suggests. However - if that did happen like D. Craig outlined - I have it on good authority that whenever the cheater wore their Master's ribbon - they would experience a strange choking sensation!
    Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Default Tongue firmly ...

Hi Keith;

My tongue was planted firmly in my cheek as I typed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith A. Howe View Post
    I suspect - or at least I hope - that the four damaged prints already had seals from an affliate and the maker could verify that. I hope national is not in the habit of handing out 4 merits just cause they feel bad that someones case got trashed. Otherwise - it could be like D. Craig suggests. However - if that did happen like D. Craig outlined - I have it on good authority that whenever the cheater wore their Master's ribbon - they would experience a strange choking sensation!
    Keith
    I thought about this after I posted. They did have seals from our state affiliate, who had the records to prove it.It was such a let down for her because it was the first time all 4 of her prints had score 80 or above at our state affiliate. I doubt they were legible in the condition they arrived in. I saw the pictures she took of them so she could file a claim for damages.

Those poor prints!!

My print case just came back from Nationals. I thought I was going to have to buy another new one for this year.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Black View Post
    My print case just came back from Nationals. I thought I was going to have to buy another new one for this year.

Mike

No Kidding huh?
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City