What you think of this image???

Default What you think of this image???

Dear colleagues,

Tell me what you think of this image?? is it worth for print competition???

Your comments very well appreciated...

Alvaro Balderas
    Attached Images Attached Images

Although it is a very nice print, it would impress Mom or boyfriend more than a judge. If you could move it off center for a little interest, or combine it with another for a multiple exposre possibly. I really like the background color btw.

Wow Derek, you had better get busy if you expect to catch up to this....toaster,schmoster...this deserves a set of Ginsu knives for sure

Thanks Will, i think you are right about it....this image is not suitable for print competition.....

Default Thoughts ..

Hi Alvaro;

You "amputated" her right arm. It is best to show all limbs, hands, and feet. Your posted image doesn't fit the proportions for competition.

I'm posting how I see it for competition. I hope this gives you some insight into how to approach it. I did a number if things including flipping it. I think this would score in the mid to high 70's.

Thanks craig for your advice and help....

LOL Alvaro, your posts are on the old Peso
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

I think you should consider your posing on the arm in general. The elbow is at an almost exact right angle. Which is pretty much a BIG no-no. Women need to be posed with less angles and more curves. Or at least have limbs at less than 90 degree angles.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.