Opinions on these as entries - please?

Default Opinions on these as entries - please?

I know I wouldn't merit, but I'm just looking to get my feet wet in this whole print competition stuff.

Would ANY of these work? Please give me feedback on crops, mattes, matte colors, titles etc.

Anticipation

Just breath

She said YES!
    Tracy, CPP
    Recording Secretary, VPPA State Board of Directors
    2015 VPPA Convention Chairman
    VPPA Tidewater District Treasurer

???

???

The road ahead
    Tracy, CPP

Hi Tracy,

I think the first image is the strongest.

I would love to listen to the judges' reaction to the pregnant mom with daughters image. Maybe it's really the strongest image of the group. I suspect different panels of judges would have different responses.

Spelling - is the title supposed to be "Just Breathe"???? when they are reading the titles, you want to make sure they say it right...

Finally...the title "the road ahead" bothers me...it's way too heavy for the age of the subjects...I'd work for something more age-appropriate...maybe something about sharing secrets or best friends... it also bothers me that the backs of the subjects are so light, yet the ground shadows indicate a different story.

On The Road Ahead, the little girl's black leggings bother me. Too dark compated to everything else in the picture.

Anticipation is probably the strongest one. You need to cover the knee up, it draws your eye away from her pregnant belly. Also make the background darker so she stands out more.

Morning Tracy.

As everyone else is obviously still sleeping, I can say my unqualified response to the first one. I love the idea and work with cloth such as this quite often. you must be very careful to not make the subject look bigger than she actually is (VERY easy to do) yet make them look graceful and keep the center of attention where you want it, not scattered all over wherever a limb sticks out.

I redid it using the image you have to give an idea but it would be nice if you were able to reshoot it and have her left leg completely out, wrapped around her front yet not lit well. This would keep the brightest spot on her tummy yet give her other anatomy parts. I have tried to cover the knee but if you do this simply using the white drapy cloth, the body below her belly looks HUGE so I've diminished it.

Can't wait to hear what others have to say! Get UP already you guys! Daylights burnin'!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

"Just Breathe"????
    Haha! It was almost 2am, so my brain was sleeping, while I should've been!

Thanks everyone! How about if I turn the one of the children B&W instead? Funny thing is, the very first one was from my very first client!
    Tracy, CPP

Default Kids image ...

Hi Tracey;

The more I've looked at the two kids image, the more ideas I had on presentattion. Here's what I came up with: black and white, flipped, image layer smaller and moved up to the 2nd quadrant.