Results 1 to 1 of 1
03-01-2007, 04:09 PM #1Angie_Wijesinghe
Photography Schools Step Up Education
Photographers need look no further for professional training, beginning and continuing education, and networking, for the state and regional professional photography associations step up to the plate each year. These local groups, affiliated with Professional Photographers of America (PPA), the world’s largest photography association, deliver unsurpassed education through the PPA Affiliate School Network.
The Affiliate School Network started out small enough…the Professional Photographers of North Carolina first held classes in 1957 in Southern Pines, NC, at a Howard Johnson Motor Lodge. Photographers can now receive weeklong courses throughout the year in various regions, thanks to dedicated association volunteers and instructors. From the Bahamas to British Columbia, California to North Carolina and everywhere in between…professional instruction fulfills photographers’ desires to increase their skills and business knowledge.
With courses as diverse as creating efficient workflow, marketing, lighting, and other techniques, students can learn from experts in their field: professional photographers who have been there and done that. As an added bonus, these schools create a tighter community while they increase the learning experience.
The dates for upcoming PPA Affiliate Schools are as follows:
- March 4 – 9, 2007: California Photographic Workshops, San Francisco, Calif. (www.cpwschool.com)
- March 11 – 16, 2007: Triangle Institute, Pittsburgh, Pa. (www.trianglephotographers.org)
- March 18 – 23, 2007: New England Institute, North Falmouth, Mass. (www.ppane.com)
- April 1 – 4, 2007: International Photographic Art School, Indianapolis, Ind. (www.apag.net/ipasschool.html)
- April 22 – 27, 2007: Texas School, College Station, Texas (http://www.tppa.org/school.htm)
- April 29 – May 4, 2007: Georgia School, Clarksville, Ga. (www.gppa.com)
- April 29 – May 4, 2007: MARS (Mid-Atlantic Regional School), Cape May, N.J. (www.marsschool.com)
- May 8 – 11; May 13 – 16, 2007: Wisconsin Professional Photographers School at Treehaven, Tomahawk, Wis. (www.wiprophotoschool.org)
- May 20 – 25, 2007: Imaging Workshops of Colorado, Littleton, Colo. (www.coloradoworkshops.com)
- June 3 – 7, 2007: Florida School of Photography, Daytona Beach, Fla. (www.fppfloridaschool.com)
- June 3 – 7, 2007: Kansas Professional Photography School, Newton, Kan. (www.kpps.com)
- June 3 – 7, 2007: Mid-America Institute of Professional Photography, Cedar Falls, Iowa (www.maipp.com)
- June 3 – 7, 2007: Illinois Workshops, Grafton, Ill. (www.ilworkshops.com)
- June 10 – 14, 2007: PP Oklahoma School, Shawnee, Okla. (www.ppok.org/school.html)
- June 10 – 15, 2007: Great Lakes Institute of Photography, Traverse City, Mich. (www.glip.org)
- June 17 – 22, 2007: Golden Gate School of Professional Photography, Oakland, Calif. (www.goldengateschool.com)
- June 17 – 22, 2007: West Coast School, San Diego, Calif. (www.prophotoca.com/wcs)
- July 15 – 19, 2007: Image Explorations, Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia, Canada (www.imageexplorations.ca/)
- July 22 – 27, 2007: PPSNY Photo Workshop, Geneva, N.Y. (www.ppsnysworkshop.com)
- Aug 5 – 9, 2007: East Coast School, Raleigh, N.C. (www.eastcoastschool.com)
- Aug 6 – 9, 2007: Long Island Photo Workshop, Smithtown, Long Island (www.liphotoworkshop.com)
- Aug 19 – 22, 2007: Carolina Art & Photographic School, Creekside Park, N.C. (www.capsartschool.com)
- Feb 23 – 29 , 2008: California Photographic Workshops, San Francisco, Calif. (www.cpwschool.com)
- May 21 – 25, 2008: Florida School of Photography, Daytona Beach, Fla. (www.fppfloridaschool.com)
Photography schools around the country have affiliated themselves with Professional Photographers of America. Please contact them directly for more information by visiting http://www.ppa.com/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=314 .
PPA, a worldwide association, exists to assist its more than 17,000 members in achieving their professional, artistic, and fraternal goals; to promote public awareness of the profession; and to advance the making of images in all of its disciplines as an art, a science and a visual recorder of history. For more information, visit www.ppa.com.
# # #
Last edited by Angie_Wijesinghe; 03-01-2007 at 06:00 PM. Reason: correction