Want to get Certified
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Want to get Certified

Hello All,
    I live in Florida, where would I go to take the test and are there any sample tests out there to give me an idea on what they are looking for me to know. I've got an old copy of Photography, that I used when I was in School in 1981-83 at the Art Institute of Atlanta. If someone could help me with this I would really be grateful.
    Thanks
    Ryan M. Glick

Hi Ryan...

As far as exam dates/location...I did a quick check on the site and didn't see any listed. That doesn't mean there aren't though -- check with your state liason, and also your state affiliate groups... some offer the exam at most conventions, or at least yearly.

there is a study group starting up I believe (http://ourppa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5081)

Anyways, the CPP site, www.certifiedphotographer.com has some information about what will be on the exam (topic you should know), and has a few sample questions. There's also a list of supplementary texts. I wrote mini "reviews" of the books as I read them -- mainly to remind myself what they cover later because I'm forgetful. Anyways, those are here: http://photobooks.wordpress.com/cpp-certification/. Another good resource is the companion website for Photography 8e -- I've linked to it on the blog post I just gave you (there are some "issues" with a few questions, but I've listed those on there as well).

Good luck
    Betsy Finn, Cr.Photog., CPP
    bphotoart :: learnwithbetsy :: email

Thanks, I'll check those out tonight, I'm on my way to a private barn sitting with 8 horses and 4 dogs.
    Ryan

Default In Pennsylvania ...

Hi Ryan;

When are you thinking about taking the exam ? I just gave it at our state meeting on February 11th and will give it again on April 22nd and will give it in June and October too. You are welcome to come to Pennsylvania to take it. One Forum member traveled here from California to take it and was glad she did.

Hi Betsy;

I just noticed that you are over 1,500 posts. Did you get your toaster from Derek yet ? I am now over 1,750 and got some English Muffins to make in the toaster I got.

Ryan, no problem!

Craig -- it looks like I am! nope...guess I forgot to put up a fuss about my toaster otherwise I'd have it
    Betsy Finn, Cr.Photog., CPP
    bphotoart :: learnwithbetsy :: email

Hey All,
    thanks for the info, took the sample test on the site that Betsy gave me, I know I need to brush up on lighting ratios and my color wheel, since not doing alot of darkroom work lately I've forgotten a few of the basics. But will study up and do some reading.
    Now off to my digital darkroom.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Ryan,

I live in Jacksonville. Usually they give the exam at Florida School. I took it there last year. I'd contact the Florida School organizers and ask them if they are planning to do it this year (June 3-7 in Daytona).

http://www.fppfloridaschool.com/

David_Mithofer

Default Exams in Florida

Ryan,

The exam may be given at the Florida School and it will definitely be given at the Florida State convention in Orlando. The state convention is in August. We will post the exam dates and locations at www.certifiedphotogrpaher.com as soon as they become available so in check in there periodically. You will also find sample questions for the test, a study guide, and the certification application on this site.

Regards,
    David Mithofer
    Manager, Member Services

Default Correction ...

Quote Originally Posted by dmithofer View Post
    Ryan,

The exam may be given at the Florida School and it will definitely be given at the Florida State convention in Orlando. The state convention is in August. We will post the exam dates and locations at www.certifiedphotogrpaher.com as soon as they become available so in check in there periodically. You will also find sample questions for the test, a study guide, and the certification application on this site.

Regards,
    David Mithofer
    Manager, Member Services
    David mistyped the web site. It should read www.certifiedphotographer.com

Thanks all, I will kepp checking and I hope to attend one of the classes at the Florida School this June, but may wait until August to take the exam, gives me some extra time to study.