Print Submissions for MES Competition - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

John,
    Wow, what a memory. Dude, I thought I had a freak memory. Yes, "Blondes" did go merit and then got bumped up a category... which was awesome. At states, we had a judge say she did not look like she was playing hard enough... and another judge said "So what, she's got the blues". One judge at states actually said "I don't get the blue tint" to which another judge replied "You've got to be kidding me." It was funny.

The funny thing about "Renaissance Man" is that I've had more than one person say "the guy with the things on his arms". It's called "film"... you know... that silver emulsion stuff once used to make photos with. I'd be willing to bet that two years ago that print would've scored off the chart. Just goes to show how far we've come and how quickly we forget.

From what I heard, "Invincible" was talked about for a long time... a couple of judges wanted it to bump up a category, but others had issues with the print quality. Again, this was a valid issue... but I'll take the merit anyways!

I have to admit, I almost didn't go... a friend of mine talked me into it... called me a sissy. I was expecting *maybe* 2/4. I had 4-79's and 2-78's at states last year... this was a good feeling.
    Dan Leary, CPP

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to stop and reconsider - Mark Twain

www.learyweddings.com
    www.dmaxphotography.com

Wow lots of posts since I've had time to read

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Leary View Post
    Betsy,
    I looked for you up there all weekend... where were you hiding? Congrats on your images. John H too... I was really tickled that "Family Resemblance" went blue. I thought that was a cute image.
    Thx. No, not hiding, honest. I had to stay at one of the other hotels (only smoking rooms left when I tried to book the crowne plaza ) -- went to a few of the programs, the trade show, etc.... -- not hiding persay. But....I am short!! maybe that's why ...lol.

congrats to all you guys. ....have to say, i saw a number of familiar prints being judged!
    Betsy Finn, Cr.Photog., CPP
    bphotoart :: learnwithbetsy :: email

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Betsy Finn View Post
    ... -- not hiding persay. But....I am short!! maybe that's why ...lol.
    Uh, ummm ... after meeting Betsy, I can atest to the fact that she is indeed short :-P