PPA Ribbon colors and Bars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PPA Ribbon colors and Bars

I have a pretty good handle on the merit system but I need a little bit of help on the bars and the different color ribbon's for nationals.

Ok, yellow is master, blue is craftsmen and of course the combination but what about red, black and I think I've seen a green some time ago.

Anyone?
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

What, I have to learn bars and ribbons again? ;-) and a tip of the "cover" to any other former military.
    --Elephants can swim...
    ...and very gracefully.
    Knowing that,
    I do believe
    Anything is possible for me.

Kirk Darling, CPP

I know and to think about it, probably the reason that I'm interested in this stuff was because of all those years in the boy scouts chasing after those badges!
    Last edited by Marc_Benjamin; 02-17-2007 at 06:12 AM.
    marcbenjamin.com

White is Master Artist, red is Master of Electronic Imaging. Any other colors you have seen are state degrees. For example my state degree - called Diamond Fellow- is burgundy. The bars are received after a degree a bar for each additional 25 merits you earn. There is also a bar for 50 print merits. It is a sort of coppery bronzy gold antiqued and says PHOTO +50 on it. The regular bars are shiny gold. The other insigna include the Star trek pin or POTY award- a triangular pin - for hanging 4 prints at national in one year. There is also a medallion that is added to your ribbon for Imaging Excellance - 13 loan images. It is black and gold with a diamond set in it. Hope this helps.
    Holly
    Holly Howe M.Photog., Cr.
    www.1224artdolls.com

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Howe View Post
    Hope this helps.
    Holly
    Thanks, Holly. PPA and the regionals ought to post images of them; we're in the image business, after all.
    --Elephants can swim...
    ...and very gracefully.
    Knowing that,
    I do believe
    Anything is possible for me.

Kirk Darling, CPP

Thanks Holly,

What colors do Honorary Masters get?
    Last edited by Marc_Benjamin; 02-17-2007 at 02:21 PM.
    marcbenjamin.com

Default Good conduct and ...

Quote Originally Posted by KirkDarling View Post
    What, I have to learn bars and ribbons again? ;-) and a tip of the "cover" to any other former military.
    Hi Kirk;

Ok ... good conduct, national defense, outstanding unit award, and presidential unit citation. Oh ... you weren't looking for military ribbons we had!
    In my state I hold the Pa. C.P.P. Commission Medalion ... 50 state merits after being certified & joining. That is a red ribbon with a bronze medalion. I also hold the Pa. state service degree (with a bar) for service to the state association. That's a light blue ribbon with a sort of pewter color medalion.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Benjamin View Post
    Thanks Holly,

What colors do Honorary Masters get?
    Trying to remember what Monte's was - uhm . . . I think it was yellow maybe with a silver medal? Not sure. I'll look it up later.

Holly
    Holly Howe M.Photog., Cr.
    www.1224artdolls.com

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Howe View Post
    The other insigna include the Star trek pin or POTY award- a triangular pin - for hanging 4 prints at national in one year.
    Holly
    Also, funny you mentioned this... Someone at my local made the star trek commment. She goes, is that from the star trek convention?

Anyways, I think I saw a black line on Bert Benkehs's ppa linyard along with the blue and yellow and maybe red. Could that be for past ppa president?
    marcbenjamin.com

That might be the honorary Masters that all the PP's get. Also, there is the silver ribbon (well, it looks more like gray) for the Fellowship of American Society of Photographers (F-ASP) Which is like a Doctoral Degree to the PPA Masters. I can't remember what the ASP-A is, as John Woodward is "getting his in the mail".
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com