Round Two

Thread: Round Two

Default Round Two

Here we go again..... first, am going thru my already-captured images for next month's regional.... then hitting the studio! I am looking for merit-worthy images only..... not perfect scores!

Thoughts on these?

Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

Default Oh, Jackie!!!

I absolutely LOVE the first and last images. I am in no position to critique, but those both seem really strong to me.

The first is so soft, yet defined. It draws you in and holds attention.

The lighting and detail in the last one - the boy's face - made me think of the book Jumangi - about a very real little boy who goes on a wild adventure.

I also like the one of the two girls on the swing, but there is something about the back ground that bugs me...almost looks like they would hit the tree if they started swinging.

Okay, one more... uncropped of course.

Betsy and I were chatting today about cats, and I remembered this one...

I am thinking, if the print is promising enough, it could be titled "Endangered Freedom" or something to do with our precious animals that are on the endangered list that don't have freedom because of it.

Anyway, here it it.....

I know I said one more....but thoughts here?

Last edited by Jackie_Haggerty; 02-15-2007 at 11:30 PM.
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

― C. JoyBell C.

I love the first one- it screams sketch to me. :-) And the tiger scares me and yet in a respectful way- is that impact? Is there more to it or is that the full frame? Although with your endangered freedom title you could do something with it to indicate the enclosed feel was intentional? I definitely don't want this guy to have any "room to grow"

Jackie,
    First thoughts. I like the baby, but it seems flat. Can you pump it up a little bit? I like the girl on the brick wall, but it is not quite cropped right. I am not sure how to, but I know it could be improved. The young boy looks elvish to me. Maybe you could play with his ears, and go that route? The girls on a swingset is my favorite. It needs to have a vignett placed. Do you know how to do a custom shaped vignette?

The two young ladies...I want you to squint your eyes..what do you see? Their foreheads. This tells me that your light is either a little too high in height in conjunction with the face, or the filter your using is a bit strong. Now all the negatives aside. Your work is really starting to rock!!!!!
    Nice job.
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Jeff, I can pump up the baby a lot....here's the original of that one.

I LOVE the elf idea, question is..... are elf ears to cliche' to be a good point to an image?

We'll talk about that custom vignette....
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

― C. JoyBell C.

Jackie, you are awesome! I love them!!! That baby is sooo adoreable!!
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com
    Will I EVER know how to use what I learn?