mounting

Thread: mounting

Default mounting

Okay - I've got my prints ready to send to the lab. I switched this year, and the lab I used last year, I just said they were for competition, and they took care of it all.

This lab, though, I'm not sure what to choose for the mounting and spraying. I'm using NC TriColor. Their mounting options are:

artboard
    1/8 masonite
    3/16 gator
    competition mount

Competition mount is 31 bucks, while artboard is about 7 (with gator and masonite in between). Is it worth the extra $20some?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Liz

(there are other options, canvas, etc, that I'm not including.)
    Liz Vance, Cr. Photog, CPP
    oh baby photography
    bellies. babies. beautiful.
    www.ohbabyphoto.com

A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there--even if you put them all end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity. - Robert Doisneau

Liz - what is included in competition mount? Sounds to me like maybe that is the old way - where there were several layers - a backer board, a lip of color for a liner and then the actual print. Plus the print had to be a certain thickness and the edges should be black. For $31 - I am wondering if that's what they are doing. If you have all the work done in PS - background, accent line etc - all you need is to have it mounted. I would suggest avoiding foam cause of how easily it dents. Masonite is too heavy. Whatever you choose be sure to ask for black core if it's available.

Holly
    Holly Howe M.Photog., Cr.
    www.1224artdolls.com

From our lab the dry mount tends to bow, I would suggest simtra if it is available. The competition mount may include laminate. I would call and ask what it involves. Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.