bragging rights here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default bragging rights here.

Congrats go to Dan Leary for two blues and a red here at PPWV....
    Kudos to Brian Price (no relation) for his awards also...I can't remember what he got though

Quote Originally Posted by Will Price View Post
    Kudos to Brian Price (no relation) for his awards also...I can't remember what he got though
    GO DAN GO!

You go to Brian, even thought I know you at all!
    Donnie Eisenhart

Don Eisenhart Photography
    Would list my web site, but it really needs work...

Sarcasim in green for clarity!

what does two blues and a red mean?
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Blue ribbons are awarded for prints with scores of 80 or above, red ribbons awarded to prints with scores 76-79. (NH's rules, but I bet they give a good indication of WBGV's rules as well.)
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

Default Same in Pa. ...

Hi Marc;

It's the same in Pennsylvania ... just like Mark said. Think Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer.

I think those are pretty standard rules at most state regionals. Anything getting a blue can go on to National and get a merit. Our convention is at the end of the month. I'm hoping Gary gets at least on blue.

How Marc are you asking about the meaning of the colors? You should know better :=))
    I had admired one of your prints with the CA Photo of the Year's Adward in the Wedding category few days ago....Congrats by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne LeBouton View Post
    I think those are pretty standard rules at most state regionals. Anything getting a blue can go on to National and get a merit. Our convention is at the end of the month. I'm hoping Gary gets at least on blue.
    Anne It depends - I believe this is a state non affilated judging so it would not recieve a seal of approval for merit. Anything can go on to national no matter if it recieves a blue or not. The blue is an indicator that it has a good chance though. Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Price View Post
    My Bad, it was two blues and four reds last night. Tonite he was awarded several other awards including a very sought after best digital print! It was an awsome print that I hope he posts here. He will give you the scoop when he gets back home. Go Danny!

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie Kieselhorst View Post
    How Marc are you asking about the meaning of the colors? You should know better :=))
    Hi Valerie,

It's just that some places blue is actually under 80 and a gold is over 80. Gold ribons I think makes more sense since a ppa merit print get's a gold corner.

I wish that I could have met you at the California convetion since I didnt really see anyone from the forums except for Michael Gan. We've seen a lot of each other lately and it's getting creepy j/k lol.

Anyways, thanks for liking the image. That one seems to be very blessed and has won a lot. In addition to western states wedding image of the year it has also won me two full registrations to the other big convention.

Also, congratulations to Leslie Gan (Michaels wife) for winning a Kodak Gallery Award at the California convention.
    Last edited by Marc_Benjamin; 02-11-2007 at 05:55 AM.
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com