Who are you and how do you serve?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Who are you and how do you serve?

Hey everyone,

It would be nice to know who, where and how we serve. Here's the format:

Marc Benjamin Anacta - Professional Photographers of the Greater Bay Area (San Francisco), Director and Libriarian.
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Default What I do ...

Hi Marc;

Well, I served on the board of governors of Professional Photographers of Pa. for 7 years. I chaired & worked in many committees including props chairman. I hold the state service degree but still work a lot and have been security chairman for many years now. I'm also security for our state certified group's programs.

I have been on the PPA Recon Team since it was 1st formed. I've been giving the certification exam for well over a decade and have been C.P.P. Liaison for 4 or 5 years now.
    Last edited by D._Craig_Flory; 02-07-2007 at 12:31 PM.

I've served on every position of the Fox Valley PPA board, including president. I'm currently their archivist. My husband is also a past present of FVPPA and is currently the newsletter editor.

Default volunteer

I served as a director on New Hamshire PPA, in 80's we had two-year terms, and I went through committees and positions inclding both VP's and President, and Conv. Chair; I also served as CPP Liaison, proctered exams, etc. A few years later was given National Award.

One gets asked, and I was a representative from NHPPA to board of PPA New England (PPANE); there is one from each of the six states. As time went, I became a VP, 2nd VP, 1st VP (conv. programming chair) and President, in 2001. I served on many committees within, as a voting member for 15 years. Immed past pres. chairs nominating committee, and I have been appointed each year since. I was presented second National Award from PPANE. Now I am one of the six trustees of the New England affilaite school (NEIPP). Unlike most of the schools, the six of us have a very active roll in the school's planning along with our director. We meet 6-8 times throughout the year; one of us "works" in each class at the March/April session.

Kind a long winded, but as I wrote once: it just happened!

George
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

I am currently Director #2 on the Board of PP of the Ozarks (PPA affiliate), serve as PPO webmaster and previously served 3 years on the Board of PP of Michigan. Also am a PPA API.
    Jim Lersch
    M. Photog., Cr., API, F-PPO
    http://www.lerschphoto.com/bothcd.htm Both books on one CD!
    www.lerschphoto.com/seniorsmyway.htm Seniors Book
    www.lerschphoto.com/commercialmyway.htm Commercial Book
    jim@lerschphoto.com

Scheduled Seniors / Commercial My Way Seminars:
    PPA of Pennsylvania
    on April 3rd, 2012

Past President to PPof Nebraska and Central Nebraska PP as well. I used to be Certification chair for NE for several years. Currently I represent NE as councilor to PPA. Affiliate Jurror PO, Wedding, Art tech.
    Along with Holly we started an ongoing mentoring program for our state (PPofN). Keith
    Last edited by Keith_A_Howe; 02-12-2007 at 04:48 AM.
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Past President of Professional Photographers of Mississippi-Alabama (PPMA). Past President of North Mississippi Professional Photographers Association. Currently serving as PPMA membership chairman.
    A man becomes what he thinks about all the day long.--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Buddy Thompson, CPP, MA, BA
    E. E. Thompson Photography
    1818 Country Club Road
    Grenada, MS 38901

www.eethompson.com

Presently 2nd VP( membership ) Professional Photographers Association of New Jersey and will be moving to 1st VP( Convention Chairman) slot for this coming year. I have been a member since 1993 and have in one way or another involved in many aspects of our association.
    Steven Yahr CPP AFP

Default "Joysey" group

Hi Steven;

I like that your state group has smaller groups that meet separately and then (I think you do) one combined convention.

So, you are lucky enough to have Al DiCampli in your state group ! *S*

Hi Craig
    Nice to hear from you.
    We have three seperate Regions in our state and each region holds its own meetings .(North, Central & South)
    I'm a member of Central and have been active as an officer (3rdVP, 2ndVP 1stVP & Pres)in the region prior to becoming a State officer.
    Have know Al for some number of years now and he's a great guy.
    Steven Yahr CPP AFP