Painted Images

Thread: Painted Images

Default Painted Images

I am ready to submit my 20 images to the review committee. Can any of them be Paintered? My clients are buying them so they are not "salon" prints. I only want to submit one with the Painter treatment.

Don Nealious

Yes you can. My wife submited her's and they passed with, well, flying colors.

Michael
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gan View Post
    Yes you can. My wife submited her's and they passed with, well, flying colors.

Michael
    Michael - not doubting you - but I always thought it was just pass or fail on CPP prints. How do you know it was "flying colors"?
    Holly
    Holly Howe M.Photog., Cr.
    www.1224artdolls.com

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the promt reply.

Don Nealious

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Howe View Post
    Michael - not doubting you - but I always thought it was just pass or fail on CPP prints. How do you know it was "flying colors"?
    Holly
    You get a little "checklist" sheet back with your print review (basically a list of possible errors) -- The judges will have checked whatever areas your portfolio (overall) is lacking in -- e.g. lighting, posing, exposure.

Yeah, it's just pass or fail, but you do have that sheet to give you an idea of how well/badly you did and the reason why. That's how I figured out that my first DVD submission was the reason for my failing (my second DVD passed with a lot of the same images) -- they had checked issue with exposure and handwritten on the sheet "images aren't crisp" -- both things I noticed VAST improvement on when using ProShow Gold for my 2nd DVD.
    Betsy Finn, Cr.Photog., CPP
    bphotoart :: learnwithbetsy :: email

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Howe View Post
    Holly
    Oh, hehe, cause the colors were outside of the lines, so colors were flying everywhere. Sorry about the Euphemism.
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com