What's up with ProSho Gold?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What's up with ProSho Gold?

When the slideshow autoruns under ProShow's own installer, the images are crisp. When I run the slideshow under Microsoft Media Player, they're horrible.

However, a slideshow I create under the limited Nero slide show creator that came with the drive doesn't have its own autorun installer--it must be run by Microsoft Media Player--is crisper in that circumstance than ProShow Gold.

What's disquieting to me about this is that I don't know whether the judges simply autorun the slideshow via whatever installer is on the disc, or whether they use a particular media player (which may be Microsoft or may be something else they prefer).

I've tried changing the pixel and screen size parameters in ProShow Gold without success in improving the appearance of the slideshow, but no joy.
    --Elephants can swim...
    ...and very gracefully.
    Knowing that,
    I do believe
    Anything is possible for me.

Kirk Darling, CPP

Hey Kirk,

That along w/ the sometimes lag is why I very rarely do the .exe autorun CD/DVD deal or make an .mpg file.

For submissions no for everything in general (unless you want it to expire), a standalone DVD playable DVD is better.
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Marc,

My issue, though, is that ProShow's autorun feature shows the images significantly sharper than they appear through any other video applications.

I've tried both Microsoft Media Player (with the Sonic DVD codec) and WinDVD. Neither of them can display the ProShow slideshow as sharply as ProShow displays its own autorun.
    --Elephants can swim...
    ...and very gracefully.
    Knowing that,
    I do believe

Kirk Darling, CPP

Ah, I see... I wonder if the autorun is uncompressed vs. ya know the avi or mpeg2. Have you checked the file sizes.

Hmmm, another reason to buy Proshow! Sharper images using the proprietary .exe render!
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

5. Default

I never had a problem with this before the recent upgrade, but now I have a bunch of images that will look blurry or out of focus in the slideshow, but in reality, they are not. I send a request for help to Photodex today. Maybe I'll hear something soon. Please let me know if any of you come up with any solutions!

Jamie
    Jamie Weiss Photography
    Web: www.jamieweiss.com
    Blog: www.jamieweiss.net

I've got a weird thing happening on my copy of 3.0 - the thumbnails disappear when I click on the folder of images. What's up with that?
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Too many problems with 3.0 I went back to version 2.6 producer, I can only assume that gold has had it's issues also.

The funny thing is, they don't seem to care about fixing the problems, I have been on the phone twice, and pretty much felt very dissatisfied with their concern about fixing the problems that I reported.

I reported several problems the first day it was released, then got back with them a week later, and even now it's been a couple months, they have not resolved anything because I tried the upgrade again, downloading what they are giving as their download right now, and the problems are still there.
    Craig Willes

You have saved it as a wav show or an mpeg or avi. You need to save it only as a dvd proshow show. The same thing happened to me. My show was still in the system so I re burned it as a proshow dvd and it is sharp now.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Price View Post
    You have saved it as a wav show or an mpeg or avi. You need to save it only as a dvd proshow show. The same thing happened to me. My show was still in the system so I re burned it as a proshow dvd and it is sharp now.
    Who are you responding to, Will?

I know that if you run the show under the ProShow installer, it's sharp. My issue with it is that it should be as sharp when run under any other DVD player.
    --Elephants can swim...
    ...and very gracefully.
    Knowing that,
    I do believe

Kirk Darling, CPP

Oh, I dunno then. Have you saved the show at the highest quality level? That may make a difference.