Competition Critique ... if you would be so kind :-)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Competition Critique ... if you would be so kind :-)

I don't know ... I guess it is worth seeing if any of you guys like this. It makes a nice double page spread for the album anyway :-)

Last edited by JohnHeckler; 01-30-2007 at 03:49 AM.

I L-O-V-E it, but what the heck do I know? It looks like it has a pink tint to the whole image, but I'm on a laptop. Does it? That's part of what I love about it. It's just a very cool image!! But like I said, I'm not a judge, not qualified to be a judge, and haven't even ever been judged yet (at least not in a print competition!) So there you have it - my humble little opinion!
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com
    Will I EVER know how to use what I learn?

I like this too. Is there a tad more room at the bottom? So the couple could have a little more space under their feet? And is the couple sharp? Can't tell here of course. It's also hard to see light on their faces like you would in a
    16x20 - so check if that needs any tweaking. Lori mentioned it looks pink to her - doesn't to me but maybe you could purposely make it a very light pink . . .and then title it "Tickled Pink" Hey - the fee for a great title . . . if it merits . . . is dinner with dessert! Ask Jeff LOL!!!! Holly
    Holly Howe M.Photog., Cr.
    www.1224artdolls.com

I'm thinking maybe get rid of all the tree branches above the arch - but maybe not - messs around with it and see what you think.
    Holly
    www.1224artdolls.com

I see lots of potential here. It's a strong graphic image, that just needs a little tweaking.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

When I was shoing thsi image to keith I noticed the white line around the arch left from burning the sky. That will need to be fixed or no way this will go. I assume this was just a quickie job to show the image.

Holly
    www.1224artdolls.com

The mat doesn't look pink anymore - did you change it? I liked the first color better.
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com
    Will I EVER know how to use what I learn?

8. Default

Thanks for all the feedback peeps! I did repost almost immediately with a darker selection for the matte as I thought the pinik-ish color was off ... did folks actually like that?

Mark, what tweaking do I need?!?! I am blind to my own images ... I don't know why, but I never see things until people point them out to me.

Holly, what "burning" are you refering to? I did not burn anything in this image. I think I see what may look like burning at about 10 o'clock immediately above the arch ... is that what you are talking about?

BTW, I do have more at the bottom, but it is ugly and

Here is the original file:

and here is the pink-ish mat:

Help!

9. Default Slightly different version

I like this image very much... I thought the previous comments about the tree branches and room at the bottom were good so I messed around with the image some. I added a few tree branches on the right to give it some balance.

I know the colors on this don't match the original and PS work was about a fast as I could go so the cloning isn't too good either but anyway...
    Attached Images Attached Images

If it were my image, John, I'd clone out some of the branches on top of the arch, and clone out some of the bushes in front of the the stage. I'd try to show some of the wall in front of the stage as the your crop is a little too abrupt. I'd also leave in a bit more above the arch, like Stacey's crop. So if you look at Stacey's version, mine would be similar to that except cleaning up the area in front of the stage so there were only the bushes on either end. I prefer the toning of the first one to the rosier tone.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge