Living in Season

Default Living in Season

Okay...how about this one....

Last edited by Sue_Ellen_Tuttle; 01-26-2007 at 04:53 PM.

Default ok...

is it so good you are speechless...
    or so bad you have nothing to say...

In general, the first time my mind makes me ask "why", the print dies for me...this one has a lot of "whys"....

Why is the stroke broken?
    Why the stroke so wide?
    Why block entry into the print with the fence?
    Why does the fence cut the print in half?
    Why all the crappy vines blocking the room interior?
    Why the white pillow on the fence?

All those questions put a headache on my face.

Nothing hurtful intended..

Default Grin

I'd like to photograph you with a headache on your face

there are answers to all of those questions...but I am assuming they are rhetorcal in nature...

thanks for comments...no hurt taken!!

Actually Sue, I like the image itself. it reminds me of the hints of spring are coming thru the dead of winter. The only thing I thought would help the borders is when you go to the stroke part to make the border, are you using "outside" or "inside" or "center"? I found that "inside" makes the border crisp. But I do like the image.
    Lake Tahoe | San Francisco | Las Vegas | Worldwide
    www.michaelimus.com

Upcoming workshops - November 7 & 8 - Commonly Different presents Innovative Perspectives sponsored by Canon U.S.A., White House Custom Colour, Art Source, Jelly Fingers and more. www.commonlydifferent.com/newsletter/

Default Another take on it ...

Hi Sue Ellen;

Here is my take on your image. Please note the slim 1 pixel accent line in a shade from the painting. It does exactly what the name implies ...accents and sets off the image layer.

I moved the image layer so the flowers are on the 2nd quadrant. I took out some of the distracting elements. I blurred the background behind the flowers. Hope this helps you grow.

D. Craig...I like it...and actually, what you've done is closer to what was originally in my mind when I snapped the shot early this morning. But when I got on the computer, I noticed the image of fall leaves hanging on the wall behind, and the dead branches of winter - and snow on the fence - and went this direction. But maybe that's all too complicated for impact's sake.

yes, I heard you about the thin thin line...but had already posted this. will remember in future...

Michael...didn't use stroke...used actual image rectangles on layers behind the image...that's why the two opposite corners are interrupted. I like this...but maybe judges will not?

Sue Ellen,
    I know what you visualized here, but I think it falls short for a couple of reasons. Lighting, background, white balance. If the lighting was a bit more special, or had better direction, it might work a bit better. The background is not in harmony with the fence and mood. It is a vinyl sided home with an old fence in the forground. Had this been a weatherd shack, it might work a bit better. Also it seems too cold to me. Way to omuch blues in it. I realize this might be intentional, but the judges might think it was a mistake. If you want it to be blue, make it really blue, maybe then it will go blue!
    Jeff
    Poster cannot be held responsible for uncalled for puns in the previous post!
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com