Certification Images #1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Certification Images - Please Critique...

Here goes - I'm going to submit these images in February - or at least that's my intention for now. Please take a look at
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/75442739@N00/

Any critiques would be greatly appreciated. Is it likely these will pass the image submission test?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Stacey_West; 01-26-2007 at 06:35 AM. Reason: mistake in uploading images

Stacey,
    I think you'll pass hands down, your images are great. But you might want to check the rules... I didn't think you were supposed to have borders or step mounts on your images.
    Dan Leary, CPP

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to stop and reconsider - Mark Twain

www.learyweddings.com
    www.dmaxphotography.com

Default If that way ...

Hi Stacey;

I like your images a lot. To counter what Dan said ... if borders and step-mounts were done, for the clients, it's ok ... since you are to show images as you present them to clientelle. But if any of the images were not done that way you can't submit like that.

I stand corrected....
    Dan Leary, CPP

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to stop and reconsider - Mark Twain

www.learyweddings.com
    www.dmaxphotography.com

Hi Stacey, welcome to the forum . Those images look nice, I agree with Dan and Craig.

But... about the borders/step-mounts.... I though you were allowed to use borders to fill out the space from say, a panoramic print that the client had ordered as such (making it fit an 8x10, the required submission size). I did that for mine, but then again I kept the color/border very plain and simple (and only did that on 2 images).
    Betsy Finn, Cr.Photog., CPP
    bphotoart :: learnwithbetsy :: email

Quote Originally Posted by D. Craig Flory View Post
    Hi Stacey;

I like your images a lot. To counter what Dan said ... if borders and step-mounts were done, for the clients, it's ok ... since you are to show images as you present them to clientelle. But if any of the images were not done that way you can't submit like that.
    How do they determine that?
    --Elephants can swim...
    ...and very gracefully.
    Knowing that,
    I do believe
    Anything is possible for me.

Kirk Darling, CPP

Quote Originally Posted by KirkDarling View Post
    Scout's honor
    Holly Howe M.Photog., Cr.
    www.1224artdolls.com

8. Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Betsy Finn View Post
    Hi Stacey, welcome to the forum . Those images look nice, I agree with Dan and Craig.

But... about the borders/step-mounts.... I though you were allowed to use borders to fill out the space from say, a panoramic print that the client had ordered as such (making it fit an 8x10, the required submission size). I did that for mine, but then again I kept the color/border very plain and simple (and only did that on 2 images).
    Thanks for the critiques. I'm glad the border and mount situation has been brought up. I had been a little worried about it.

Many of my senior clients purchase 8x8's in flush mount albums so I did do some adjusting of border size, edge effects, etc. on a few of the images in order to size them as 8x10's. After reading some of the replies I decided to call PPA; I spoke with David Mithofer Friday afternoon, explained my 8x8 situation and mentioned this post to him. He assured me that adjusting borders and edges to accomodate cropping to an 8x10 dimension would be OK.

Nooooooo problem.

Default How

Quote Originally Posted by KirkDarling View Post
    In each image explaination, you tell how it was treated for the client. Since the images are to be shown as delivered to the client, if a creative border, or step-mount, was used then it's part of the client's order.