Please Critique for Comp...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Please Critique for Comp...

I feel like I am draining you guys but if anyone has time I would love to here some thoughts on this image and titles also....I met this young man at WPPI last year. He ask me to take a few shots after he saw my camera. He was very proud of his new suit. I'm working on this doing some filtering - it still looks alittle rough.
    Last edited by Jane_Ann_Long; 01-27-2007 at 02:13 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Jane Ann

Keep them coming.
    Last edited by DianeDavis; 04-02-2007 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Davis View Post
    How could sharing such creativity be draining?
    I'm not qualified to comment, but I am qualified to enjoy. Keep them coming.
    Thanks Diane - you ask for it!

This is our local body shop guy standing in front of his business. He saw me out in town one day taking a few shots and struck a pose for me. I was putting this in a local art show and thought about print comp also. I tried to bring out his facial features and put an emphasis on the textures of the scene.

4. Default

You know ... I think this (body shop dude) is just enough different it may grab the judges attention. Again, what do I know, but I like it!

Eh - thanks John! I can't get that sweet little red tongued baby out my mind - talk about cute!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Ann Long View Post
    Eh - thanks John! I can't get that sweet little red tongued baby out my mind - talk about cute!
    Heh, talk about luck more like it. The photography was ho-hum, same old, same old studio shot of a 6 mo old. She did all the work :-)

I think the color of the mat really helped it out alot. It was fresh-bright and very complimenting to her . Not ho-hum at all.

Preface this with, I'd love to have taken both these images and I am no where near qualified to give much critique, the first one has a bad angle on the bottom, looking right into his lap. for you experts out there, would there be a way to crop it to save it?
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

Jane - I like where you are headed with the body shop guy. However when I look at him - my eye goes right to where the red is - his crotch. Maybe that's cause the red doesn't show up so much on his black shirt. Can you rework so the red rectangle falls elsewhere? I assume you planned the cropping on the sign so it said bod. What would really make this idea sing is if the guy really did have a great body - and no shirt. I don' think this one is quite there but it's awfully close- keep working on it. The red crotch is what bothers me about it.
    Holly
    Holly Howe M.Photog., Cr.
    www.1224artdolls.com

Thanks Linda and Holly...as most men - he " thinks " he has a great bod and the red reflects his attitude toward this. I see what you mean though. I have several different versions of him - a sweet man with a real unique character.