Actual comp images
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default Actual comp images

I have seen a lot of interest in the comp thread lately. I thought it might be good to revisit some images that members here have actually competed with. I am not looking for this to be a critique thread, just an ongoing results thread for everyone to compare, better or worse to. I only have a couple here, but I will include the title, and the final score. Hopefully we can see a lot of 80 + as well as some images that just didn't make it.
    Jeff

Sunrise Death Valley 79

Montana Morning 80

Going Places 80

On the Prowl 79

Thanks for looking!
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

a few more...

Birthday Girl, 79

Out of time 79

Splish Splash 79

I take you Andrew 81
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

ooooh Jeff, I'll show you mine if you make me some star glasses.
    Lovely images by the way.

Default you must have read my mind...

I was thinking how helpful it would be to see some "real" entries. They are all just wonderful...I especially like "prowl" and "montana morning." maybe I'll do better with these new shades...

I love the last one! Those eyes really hold you in.

I entered last year for the first time and it was quite a learning experience. I entered four in my local KPPA and did fairly well though they were thorough in their critique in what I needed to do to make them PPA comp worthy. I threw out one image as salvageable and finessed the other three. I found a fourth that a local mentor recommended I try. I entered four in the HOA print comp and two were awarded merits with scores of 81 and 83.

To prepare for the international print comp, I knew those two had to be entered as is with the seals on the back to get my merits. For the other two, I sent in one unchanged and the fourth I rejected because I felt it was the best I could make it and it wasn't good enough so I was searching for a fourth.

I chose on with emotion and of course, that doesn't cut it but I still love it.

I've changed computers at home since then but have one--without the stepmount--online and the others will have to wait until tomorrow.

Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

6. Default

This one scored 82 at the PPO Mid East Regionals in 2006 but then went on to make the Loan Collection at PPA International.

Hey John,

What's the title? Also, was it in a traditional mat?
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Jeff, did "going places" go loan? I remember seeing it, but now I can't remember which side.

I really like seeing all the images people entered in competition. It is the best comp prep I can think of.

I have never entered comp myself, and I keep thinking I should, but then things come up right around the deadline and I forget.

Default All That Remains

Hi All,

This one is called "All That Remains". It was accepted to the loan collection, but I couldn't make it to San Antonio this year, so I didn't get to see it on display

John Knowles, CPP
    Times to Remember Photography
    www.ttrphoto.com