www.eastcoastschool.com

The East Coast School has announced its 50th Anniversary line-up:

• Suzette Allen: “Photoshop for Profit: Advanced Level”
    • Al Audleman: “Fundamentals of Photoshop for Photographers”
    • Bob Boyd: “Introduction to Professional Portrait Photography”
    • Hanson Fong: “Wedding Photography: Mastering the Techniques”
    • Janel Pahl: “Life Style Portraiture”
    • Monica Sigmon and Michael Taylor: “Taking It to the Next Level”
    • Tony Sweet: “Image Design in Nature and Beyond- The Brave New Digital Landscape”
    • John Woodward: “Mastering the Light”

We will also be holding our 2nd Annual Photography Contest. It was a real hit in 2006!

Make plans now to attend the 50th Anniversary of the first school in the PPA Affiliate School Network.

Tuition: $595 before July 1. All group meals and social functions included.
    For Course Questions: Call Rick Gibbons, Director at (336) 687-1943
    For Registration Questions: Call Loretta Byrd at (888) 404-7762 or (919) 894-3444.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JoeGierisch; 03-27-2007 at 12:57 PM.

Default sell me

I'm seriously looking to attend this school. It's slightly over my education budget for 2007 but I'm willing to stretch it. Luckily, it's within daily driving distance for me.

How much hands on is it? Mostly lecture?
    About how many people will be in attendance (as students)?
    Opportunity to network is huge I would gather.

Do you reccomend this for first year pros or more established studio's?

If you've been to one, what did you like most and what did you dislike the most?

Thanks for your response,

Tim
    Tim Broyer

Apex, NC

Tim,

I cannot stress the value here enough. I have adressed your questions below.

How much hands on is it? Mostly lecture?
    Depending on the class you take, it may be mostly lecture or mostly hands on. Bob Boyd’s “Introduction to Professional Portrait Photography” is a nice combination of both. This very popular instructor has taught at East Coast School for many years because of his ability to connect with students on their level.

About how many people will be in attendance (as students)?
    The 2006 session had about 130 students in 6 classes. This year with 8 classes, I can only guess there will be more.

Opportunity to network is huge I would gather.
    This is a BIG plus. I would also recommend checking out State and Local PPA Affiliates. Networking is best on a fairly local level.

Do you recommend this for first year pros or more established studios?
    YES! Both! I attended East Coast School for the first time in 1997. I have attended every year since then and now sit on the Board of Advisors as the Publicity Coordinator. The key to success here is honesty with yourself and choosing the right class for your level.

If you've been to one, what did you like most and what did you dislike the most?
    As I stated above I have been to 10. I love the instruction and the chance to get to know people who either are where I am or who have been there. You will learn and fellowship with your peers. I found nothing to dislike, though some classes have been more beneficial than others.

Joe Gierisch, Publicity Coordinator
    East Coast School Photographic Workshops

Question East Coast School-Raleigh

Would it be possible to attend a few classes for a lower price? I would not be able to stay the entire week but would like to attend for one day. Who should I ask about this? Would be commuting since I only live an hour away. Thanks in advance.

I spoke to Rick Gibbons and the detailed flyer should be out later this week.
    Tim Broyer

Apex, NC

Quote Originally Posted by MaryWahl View Post
    Would it be possible to attend a few classes for a lower price? I would not be able to stay the entire week but would like to attend for one day. Who should I ask about this? Would be commuting since I only live an hour away. Thanks in advance.
    Hi Mary,
    Thanks for the question. Unfortunately, the structure of the week-long school does not allow for partial attendance. The sessions build upon each other, much like an academic class.

I urge you to try to attend. You might also consider joining the Professional Photographers of NC, website: http://www.ppofnc.com . Our convention is coming up beginning March 3rd and has short sessions, some only a couple of hours. Details on membership and upcoming events are there also.

All the Best,

Joe Gierisch
    ECS and PPNC

Mary,

If you have any other questions about ESC or PPNC or even local groups in your area, you can email me at joe@joegphoto.com

Joe

Default East Coast School-Raleigh

Joe,

Thanks for the info about the PPNC and upcoming convention. I'll definitely have to check into it. The more I can learn and techniques I can practice, the better since I would like to get into the high school senior market.

Default East Coast School Website

The East Coast School website is up and running. Please check it out at
    http://www.eastcoastschool.com.

Joe Gierisch, Publicity Coordinator
    East Coast School Photographic Workshops
    Raleigh, NC
    Last edited by JoeGierisch; 02-10-2007 at 01:42 AM.

Great! I'm now signed up for Bob Boyd's class.

Tim
    Tim Broyer

Apex, NC