Question about a critique
  1. Default Question about a critique

I passed the exam in Austin last year and am getting ready to submit images. Before I do so I thought I might get some critiques... Now to my question - how is the best way for me to post these images so they can best be viewed on this forum? Should I use the gallery or just include them with a post on this forum?

Personally like to see them a couple at a time in this string so that they can be studied, then commented on...I don't even know where the gallery is

Hi Stacey
    Both the gallery and the forum have their good points. If you post heree you'll get real time replies to the images. But these threads are moving, after a while someone will post a new thread and bury yoours. That makes it hard to keep track of. The Cetified area moves pretty slow so if you go the forum route this is a good area to post in. The Gallery is static so your images would always be easily found to view for both yourself, to read the comments, and for other members to study them. But images posted to the gallery must be approved before they are posted. This approval is content based not quality based so don't get excited just because your image posts in the gallery. That just means the admin didn't think it needed an adult content warning or anything. This time of year the print comp threads are moving fast and images are getting buried so the gallery might be the best place to avoid the crunch but for certt this area moves slow enough that they might stay still here long enough for a few people to comment.

Hi Dave
    You've got to check out the gallery look up in the Banner and you'll see Forums - Galleries - News - About - Links - Contact
    Click on Galleries and your in! Now here's the part you'll love. In the galleries you can not only comment on an image but you can score it, on a scale of 1 to 10 or like 10 to 100! I've got about 21 photos in the gallery. Mostly under weddings. Feel free to jump in there and score them. Sorry, you can't give a print anything lower than a 1.
    Last edited by David_A._Lottes; 01-24-2007 at 10:29 AM.

Stacey-

Why not create a gallery and put them on your website? That avoids the need to make a bunch of posts each with a couple of images, and when someone comes to this thread they won't have to wait for all of the images to load every single time.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge