For CC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For CC

1. Default For CC

I haven't posted an image on here in almost a year. Let me know if you think this is worth entering. Thinking of calling it "sisters". First time trying to post with photobucket so if its wrong I appologise.

HI Chris,
    Thanks for posting this image. I like the image a lot. I has a good content tone about it. My proble with it is you are effectively shooting up on the sunjest. I know you are looking doen on them, but you are showing a lot more of the underside of the necks than is prudent. I think it makes the children all look like they are carrying some weight under their chin. And it might be true. What were the parent's comments? Keep posting. I do not want to discourage you.
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

3. Default

Jeff,

Thanks for the comments, you aren't going to discourage me. The parents loved it, at least my wife says we do. I have a 20X30 of it over the couch. I know you shouldn't enter pics of your family into competition but I have thick skin, and I won't tell my wife what was said. Hadn't noticed the weight under the chins until you mentioned it. Might have to liquify a little. Anyone else care to chime in?
    Last edited by Chris_Padgett; 01-24-2007 at 03:33 AM. Reason: can't spell

Your kids are beautiful -
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Jane Ann

5. Default

Thanks Jane. Three girls, life will be interesting in a few years.

The lighting does not have "character"..Photographing three like that is EXTREMELY difficult to light because it's so easy for one or two of them to be in the shadow of the other(s). The hair on the shoulder of the left daughter is distracting...comments have already addressed the low camera angle.
    Sorry to be so short...Holly is much better

Chris again I can not see the image, did you take them off of photobucket?
    Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Default Can't either

Hi Chris;

I can't see it either.

9. Default Ooops.

The image is back on. Sorry.

Default Good comments

Hi Chris;

You have received some good comments so far. One problem with posing them straight across is that you have a static composition. One of the most dynamic compositions is diagonal. Imagine your image if they were posed so that one girl was on the 2nd quadrant and the other on the 4th .. with the little girl in the middle.

There is also a separation problem with the hair and outfits. While getting a better lighting ratio on the faces (I'd suggest a double main light) you would have been better with a bit more light on the background.

And the young child, in the middle, looks like she is getting squished. Was that to keep her from falling over ?

The concept is nice and I'd like to see more like this, with changes. This is an excellent type portrait to do black and white, color, or spot color.