One for a friend...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default One for a friend...

Ok,
    So this is from the wrestling match we shot last night. I photographed the majority of them, but my buddy got this kid. This kid was a total beast... the guy in red didn't even have a chance... and he had the greatest look too. Yes, this is real blood. I got some good shots, but I thought this one overshadowed anything I have. My friend is also entering competition for the first time in a few weeks... do you see any potential? He sent this to me with Lucis applied to it, which brought out the grain and I'm not crazy about his white balance. But this is the full frame and their is plenty of detail for cropping. Whaddya think?

Dan Leary, CPP

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to stop and reconsider - Mark Twain

www.learyweddings.com
    www.dmaxphotography.com

wow, that is intense. It makes me hurt, just looking....lol. I am not a competition expert, so I don't have any really good info. but, ouch. that poor guy!!!

That's what I thought, Naomi. Wrestling is now my favorite sport to photograph. This was so awesome. It was an in-county rivalry and the place was going nuts! The blue team has only lost to the red team once in 17 years... well, the red team was favored to win last night, but the blue team (thanks in large to this guy) upset them! I swear I couldn't hear for two hours after I left!
    Dan Leary, CPP

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to stop and reconsider - Mark Twain

www.learyweddings.com
    www.dmaxphotography.com

Dan - is the face sharp? It looks soft on my moniter and that would be the killer. If it's sharp burn everything down except the two wrestlers heads and hands. - not so it looks keyhole but so it looks like a ceiling spot light was aimed right at them. Then blur the crowd a little more. Crop just a smidge off the floor and mount as a slimline on a black background witha royal blue pinstripe. I know nothing about wrestling - but what is the count? - title "One Two Three" if that's the count or something else appropiate. Or aren't there several matches at once in a big meet? If so would "Center Mat" be an appropiate title? that would explain why the faces are pretty much center in the image - rather than the traditional offsides at the thirds. I also thought, because the losing guy is in red, and the crowd is in red, a title could be some reference to NOT being a home mat advantage, but judges might not pick up on the red from wrestler to crowd.

Holly
    Holly Howe M.Photog., Cr.
    www.1224artdolls.com

Holly,
    Thanks for the reply. I always look forward to hearing you and Keith's opinions! The face is tack sharp... he emailed this to me with Lucis and highly compressed... but yes the face is there. I think he has something. I also did these two images, but I think I like where you're going with it better. Oh, OurPPA's newest member created this image (Brian Price, but you can call him Pooky). For a title I think he's leaning toward "Lord of the Ring".

Dan Leary, CPP

www.learyweddings.com
    www.dmaxphotography.com

Sorry, no relation. (even if it is West Virginia) I figured that I would say so before someone asked.

okay - here's what I am talking about. You should know that this was done on my laptop - which suffers from Alzheimers and cataracts - I'm not kidding! So it is a rough job and I burned too much and got a keyhole - but you can see where I was headed.
    Holly
    www.1224artdolls.com

Will,
    Are you really ready to make that assumption?

Holly,
    I like it alot. I'll work on a better image once he sends it to me and get your feddback on that. Do you like the title? Does Mr. Holly like it?
    Dan Leary, CPP

www.learyweddings.com
    www.dmaxphotography.com

I didn't ask Mr. Holly - but I'll tell you why i don't like Lord of the Rings - when I think of a Lord - I visualize a dandy in tights and a big hat with a feather plume. While this guy is wearing tights or whatever you call it - I don't see him as a dandy. I see him more as a warrior. That's just my preconcieved notions and probably not what other people would see. I'll ask Keith - if I can ever get him out of the basement. I think he is watching Marc's strip light program on a webcam.

Holly
    www.1224artdolls.com

Default Not only West Virginia !

[QUOTE=Dan Leary;53143]Will,
    Are you really ready to make that assumption?

Hi Dan;

Since this thread went off-topic ... West Virginia is not alone with the jokes. Perry County, here in Pennsylvania, has it's own share of jokes. How about this one: "If a man, in Perry County, gets divorced, is she still his sister " ? LOL