Ok... Here is my first attempt..CC Please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ok... Here is my first attempt..CC Please

Hopefully I am doing the photobucket thing right. Reposted Smaller. I know I have a lot to learn so tear it up. This is one I have been playing with. What do you think
    Version 1... So far title is Surreal Walk but feel free to suggest others

Version 2- More traditional and not much work done on it. So far title is The Long Walk Back

If you want links to the bigger ones I can post.
    Last edited by Valerie_Harte; 01-23-2007 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Trying to fix size

Sorry Val
    I'm seeing a broken link. Need help with the Photobucket thing?

I snagged this one from your web site. You want to copy the IMG code and then paste it in your reply. Great shot by the way!

Oh I see you've got them up! I'll leave you to the critics now. Good luck! - David
    Last edited by David_A._Lottes; 01-23-2007 at 09:35 PM.

I was having trouble... I think I figured it out. I just couldn't figure out how to resize it down from 16x20. Thanks about the other one... very cliche but the parents love em right?

Quote Originally Posted by valharte View Post
    I was having trouble... I think I figured it out. I just couldn't figure out how to resize it down from 16x20. Thanks about the other one... very cliche but the parents love em right?
    Don't be so Modest Val,
    Cliches become cliches for a reason. And even a cliche can be very difficult to do well.

Val,
    I thought it was a unique way to do a cliche.

I hadn't even considered that one because I felt like it was so "done"... should I be? I thought it fit into the salable but not even close to considering for competition category but maybe I have just seen it so much I have grown numb to it? But I am open to that one if it makes sense.

Val,

It may be a cliche but it is one of the most powerful statements I know of. There was one like this in last November's Professional Photographer magazine. I think it was titled "Gift From God".

Cheers,

"Because Memories Are For Generations"

my two cents.
    I like the natural sky, not the tweaked one. have you tried making the whole image pastel and maybe increasing contrast and brightening the overall?

Naomi,

I like the thought. I went about it a little differently but I think I caught the spirit. Here is my attempt...

Hi Val,

Wow, what an improvement on the last one! I personally am not crazy about the mount though. I could be way off base but I think it is a little distracting as I had to study it to really see it. I think maybe a solid would lend better. But, I have yet to find anything to enter myself so I will leave that for the experts.

I really like it though. You should be proud of it.

Tiffany