Golden Gate School - San Francisco Bay Area
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Golden Gate School - San Francisco Bay Area

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share Golden Gate Schools line up this year.

Matthew Jordan Smith, Frank Cricchio, Jane Conner-ziser, Mark Allen, Vincent Isola, Michael Redford and Gene Higa.

I've gotta tell ya, it's one heck of a lineup... That Matthew Jordan Smith is a regular photographer on America's Next top Model. Talk about high fashion outside of the ppa "look". Anyone seen his book Sephia Dreams? Amazing!

Also, back by popular demand are legends Frank Cricchio, Jane Ziser, Mark Allen and Michael Redford.

Hard core PJ look shooter? Well Gene Higa and Vincent Isola's got what you need. Let me tell ya that Gene's been all over the world capturing weddings and is a feature speaker at WPPI this year.

Anyway's, if your looking for a class why not spend your time with us in San Francisco.

More info:
    http://www.goldengateschool.com/

BTW: Yes, you do get merits towards your masters (or keeping your CPP) since GGS is an PPA affilate school.
    Last edited by Marc_Benjamin; 01-21-2007 at 04:56 PM.
    -Marc Benjamin, M. Photog. Cr. F-PPC
    marcbenjamin.com

Thanks Mark.

I already have a bunch of classes on my list! Are you going to any?

Hi Diane,

I'm not sure yet but I'm seriously looking at Mathew Jordan smith or maybe Micheal Redford.... or maybe Gene Higa...

Eitherway, I'll be definitely be lurking around the Mills College campus...
    marcbenjamin.com

Hi Gang,
    Golden Gate School is great. I've gone three times. Here is a link to the other Northern California PPA affiliated school. This year it's in Scott's Valley near Santa Cruz.
    http://www.cpwschool.com/
    I'm going here this year.

Default Classes filling up fast!

Hey guys,

Just checked with Golden Gate School to see how registrations are doing and it seems that most of the instructors only have a limited number of spaces left.

If your thinking about it, sign up soon before the class closes.

See you there.
    Last edited by Marc_Benjamin; 03-23-2007 at 08:45 PM.
    marcbenjamin.com

i got out to golden gate about 15 years ago-it was great. i was the only one from the east coast so they made me feel special. gave me a room with the instuctors(my own bath and everything)
    i studied with gary silber (what ever happened to gary?) he's a great portrait artist & a good teacher also.
    in 2006 went to glip - nice folks in mich. studied with tim & bev waldon -they're the bomb!

my next class will be on painter-but haven't made plans yet. thinking bruce dorn? any sugjestions?
    joe

ps: just remembered something about golden gate -got food poisoning-food sucked big time-had the whole vommaria thing going.
    probally more info then you needed. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Galioto View Post

my next class will be on painter-but haven't made plans yet. thinking bruce dorn? any sugjestions?
    joe

ps: just remembered something about golden gate -got food poisoning-food sucked big time-had the whole vommaria thing going.
    probally more info then you needed. sorry

Hey Joe, they've got Jane Conner-ziser teaching painter at GGS. Perhaps it's time for you to come back and see us in San Francisco. I think the food at Mills College is better and safer than it was from wherever GGS was at 15 years ago.
    marcbenjamin.com

Do you know when GGS will be in San Francisco proper? Give me an excuse to visit my son and almost daughter-in-law.

-David Schneider

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Benjamin View Post
    Hey Joe, they've got Jane Conner-ziser teaching painter at GGS. Perhaps it's time for you to come back and see us in San Francisco. I think the food at Mills College is better and safer than it was from wherever GGS was at 15 years ago.
    I taught there twice, looking forward to being invited again one day <s>

But the food at Mill College and the setting was great.

And Marc, say "Hey" to Mathew Smith for me. He's a buddy. And a great photographer. I missed him last night on America's Top Model, but heard he was going to be on.

Betty and I have taught there on three different occasions. We were treated great. It is a well run school. I agree with Jack, the food at Mill College was very good. I gained 3 pounds while I was there.
    Ed
    Ed Booth, PPA Certified, M Photog.Cr., API, P/BA, F-PPC, S-PPC
    Huth & Booth-The Portrait Gallery
    Riverview/Brandon
    Florida