Sorry guys - more for competition
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Sorry guys - more for competition

I know you guys are probably getting sick of me....I'm even getting sick of myself!

Can you tell it's almost time for our convention? And I'm entering for the first time??

If anyone is still reading, please give me your opinions on these, and if you think I should enter them, any title recommendations?

Thank you!!

Title...Gingerbread house....maybe?

Original image and.....

flipped. Possible title...."Catch of the Day"?

and last....(for now)....

Sorry, I realize this gets old when there are only 4 of us on the forum, and one of us is taking up all the posts....
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com
    Will I EVER know how to use what I learn?

What do you mean Lori... only four of you guys on the forum. It looked to me like you were going crazy in the Hilton bar especially after you met Jack... you were so excited I thought you were going to faint

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Davis View Post
    What do you mean Lori... only four of you guys on the forum. It looked to me like you were going crazy in the Hilton bar especially after you met Jack... you were so excited I thought you were going to faint
    Oh great - I knew I would emberass myself. Why did you let me drink so much?
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com

Default Later this morning ...

Hi Lori;

I study them more and make comments later this morning.

So ... inquiring minds want to know ... what is her drink of choice? I'm guessing boilermakers. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by D. Craig Flory View Post
    Hi Lori;

I study them more and make comments later this morning.

So ... inquiring minds want to know ... what is her drink of choice? I'm guessing boilermakers. LOL
    I'm wondering that too - I usually stick to beer, but it sounds like I got out of hand!

Thanks for looking at these - people seem to be having a hard time getting critiques lately - maybe because people aren't back from IUSA. Anyway, I appreciate your input!
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com

Default First ...

Hi Lori;

I'm going with the little young lady first. Write this down, type it up, make a big sign for the camera room: "kids need room to grow" ! I like the image but it is way too close. Judges will normally slam you for images of kids (or puppies and kittens) done too close. Here is my version ... I hope it gives you some ideas on presentation. I'll post about the others later.

Default 2nd one ...

Hi Lori;

I didn't much care for the football image till I played with it in Photoshop. I fixed the erasure problem around his one arm and then artistically worked it till I liked it. I hope you like it too and get some ideas from it.

Default Last one ...

Hi Lori;

Here is the House ... done my way. I painted it a touch in Corel Painter Essentials as well as using the smudge tool in Photoshop.

I think Lori probably shoots more for green merits from the Mom instead of competition... I usually frame up a few in thirds for me, and the rest for Mom. If I had a nickel for every time a Mom said, "Gee I like that one, but could you crop it closer???"

Craig, Thank you for the ideas, and for taking the time to look at these. I really like what you did with the house! Okay, I still have a question though - what do you think of them for competition? Would you enter them or should I keep looking? I have others I am considering - and it totally will not hurt my feelings if you just tell me they aren't worth entering.

Thanks again!

Will - you are right - I shoot for what I would want to buy - not because I'm necessarily looking for green merits, which are always nice, but becaue I shoot what I like - I've never thought about competition before - maybe once I do, I will think differently in my sessions....we'll see!
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com