Print case
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Print case

Default Print case

Sorry - I know this is discussed in another thread but I can't find it. Can someone please tell me what to look for in a print case?

Is this a good one? Do I need a 4" or 3"? They are the same price.

Thanks!

http://www.adorama.com/FIP5016204.ht...case&item_no=7
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com
    Will I EVER know how to use what I learn?

Well it depends on how many prints will go in the case. PPA allows 4, and some local affilliates allow 6 but only 4 count for something. Stack up your prints and allow for a little padding (remember Holly's thread about the felt) and measure. I think mine is 3", but its gone to PPA right now. You don't want it so big the prints move around and the folks at print comp don't want to deal with a lot of packaging/padding.

Default Print cases and depth

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Clapp View Post
    Sorry - I know this is discussed in another thread but I can't find it. Can someone please tell me what to look for in a print case?

Is this a good one? Do I need a 4" or 3"? They are the same price.

Thanks!

http://www.adorama.com/FIP5016204.ht...case&item_no=7
    Hi Lori; You want a good sturdy one, with reinforced corners. Fiberbilt is the brand of both of mine and I know I've had one, of the two, for at least 30 years. I would suggest the 3" ... enough room for prints, and padding. I also own a 2" ... but the 3" is a better size. When you can afford it, buy a 2nd case. Here in Pennsylvania, our state competition is close to our regional. So if you are sending a 2nd set of 4 prints to state, if the other print case isn't back in time ... it doesn't matter.

When you can afford it, buy a 2nd case. Here in Pennsylvania, our state competition is close to our regional. So if you are sending a 2nd set of 4 prints to state, if the other print case isn't back in time ... it doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]

Good advice on the 2nd case. PPA will keep your case for almost a year if you have anything that hangs.
    Good Luck
    Auralee

Thanks both of you - I ordered 2 of the 3" cases.
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com
    Will I EVER know how to use what I learn?

Hi Lori,

I don't know how you feel about the cases your ordered, but I ordered a fiberbilt strapped case and am extremely displeased by the quality of the case.... NOT worth the $100, and I'd be stretching to say it's even worth $40. I don't have a problem paying more for a case, but would like other ideas to check out.

It's going back to the company.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

Yeah - isn't that a rip off? When you think you can buy a somewhat exceptable suitcase for $100 - why does a flimsy plastic (or is yours fiberboard?) case cost as much. I think we should get rubbermaid ro make a plastic print case that we could buy at Walmart.

Holly
    Holly Howe M.Photog., Cr.
    www.1224artdolls.com

I think Wal Mart brand "rubbermaid" containers have a much better quality.

All 4 sides of this case are WARPED! I can't imagine it protecting anything.
    Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

I agree that the quality is a bit lacking, but it is quite durable and can take quite a beating in shipping and end up looking the same as when it left. It would be nice if they used a decent adhesive to hold the inner cardboard to the sides of the case. I mean, build quality does reek of beancounter intervention. If anyone knows of a better alternative, I'd be interested.
    Mark Levesque, CPP, M. Photog., Cr. Photog, A.C. Ph., CPP Liaison, PPCC Judge

These look better to me.

http://www.thepierceco.com/supplies/410FPC.htm

What ever happened to the ones with the PPA logo?