competition rules?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default competition rules?

I'm sure there is a thread on this somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Can someone please tell me where I can read the rules, categories, etc. to enter prints in my local PPA competition? Or are the rules different for each state? I also need to find out the size restrictions, etc. Can someone help?

I did look on the PPA website, but I'm not sure what the local competition would be called - I don't want to read the wrong rules.
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com
    Will I EVER know how to use what I learn?

Hi Lori,

I don't think the rules are the same for each state. You can look at the rules for the state of Kentucky. This might be close for you. The link is:
    http://www.kyppa.com/resources/2007%...ll%20Forms.pdf

Robin
    Robin Arkenberg
    Robin's Photography

robin@RobinsPhotography.com
    Louisville, KY

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Arkenberg View Post
    Hi Lori,

I don't think the rules are the same for each state. You can look at the rules for the state of Kentucky. This might be close for you. The link is:
    http://www.kyppa.com/resources/2007%...ll%20Forms.pdf

Robin
    Thanks Robin - you're not trying to trick me because I called you a cheater are you?
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com

Lori, you should move this to the print comp section. An-Ne is some kind of marketing competition. There is probably someone from Wyoming who can help you. Who is your ppa affiliate? I searched the web and found a Professional Photographers of Wyoming with some phone numbers and emails.
    In general I think the rules will vary but to keep with PPA it's usually any size print up to 16x20 and must be mounted on 16x20 matboard. Until you become a master and then you can enter larger--20x24 I think it is.
    Hey you guys from Wyoming--help Lori out here.

Auralee, First of all, oops! I meant to post on the competition section - I clicked on the wrong one! Second, oops again - I'm actually on the board for my local PPA! I just got off a conference call board meeting with the board, but forgot to ask! I know I should know all this - but I've never entered before so....

And, I don't know how to move a thread to a different section - can you tell me how to move it?
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com

I don't know how to move it either--just repost it. When is the PP of Wyoming comp? Do you only have a state group or do you have "local affiliates" of the state group?

No Mam, thought it would be a good start.

Robin
    Robin Arkenberg
    Robin's Photography

Louisville, KY

Quote Originally Posted by Auralee Dallas View Post
    I don't know how to move it either--just repost it. When is the PP of Wyoming comp? Do you only have a state group or do you have "local affiliates" of the state group?
    Our convention and competition is February 28 (the Sun., Mon., and Tues. around that date - I don't have a calendar in front of me!).

I'm not sure what you mean about local affiliates of the state group...I'm pretty sure we only have the state group.
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Arkenberg View Post
    No Mam, thought it would be a good start.

Robin
    Robin, thanks for the link. You know I'm joking...right?
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com

Lori,

Of course I know you're joking. I love it.

Robin
    Robin Arkenberg
    Robin's Photography

Louisville, KY