Is it worth going?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it worth going?

We own and operate a photography studio, Digital Photo Template website, and Professional Photo Lab. My questions: is it really worth going? Will businesses such as ours pick up enough new customers to justify the cost?
    Any feedback would be apperciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Lpatterson View Post
    We own and operate a photography studio, Digital Photo Template website, and Professional Photo Lab. My questions: is it really worth going? Will businesses such as ours pick up enough new customers to justify the cost?
    Any feedback would be apperciated!

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Are you asking if it would be beneficial to go as a studio or as a vendor?

--E.

Email messages from Al Hopper, reported that trade show space is sold out! Is it worth going, to pick up new customers? A little late to be thinking of that! As a vendor, what's your marketing plan?

Of course as an attendee, there is MUCH to see and hear, for lots of disciplines. A lab owner not exhibiting can meet others.

Best to study the schedule and briefs about programs.
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

Quote Originally Posted by George Hawkins View Post
    Email messages from Al Hopper, reported that trade show space is sold out!
    It was sold out a few months ago. That should illuminiate if it's worthwhile. Vendors don't throw their money around these days unless they get a return.

And I agree with George. I'd do research first. Being there and seeing what it's about would be the best education for a vendor to see if it's "worth it".
    And there is not replacement for teh networking and the "charging of the batteries" for both attendees and vendors.

Lorraine - for the last couple of years we haven't even registered for the whole conference - trade show only. My husband is councilman for our state and that meeting takes up half a day and then he works in the print show doing critiques and that takes up three one hour spots. So we found that we really didn't have opportunity to see many programs. BUT!! it is still worth every penny we invest to attend. The trade show is amazing. There are programs going on in a lot of the booths. You see all the latest and newest. If you talk to the vendors, they can give you ideas how other studios are using their products. Just being around all the industry "stuff" gets you brainstorming. You meet people over lunch or standing at a booth or in the print show and strike up conversations. Heck, one year the best idea we got from the whole conference was during a conversation in the shuttle on the return trip to the airport. Walking through the print show is an education and an inspiration. If you are a vendor - you can see what the other labs are doing - not to copy but to get you thinking about what you can offer that is unique. So is it worth it? Absolutely! And I say that having not attended a program at national in 3 or 4 years. I still get more out of it then I ever spend to go.

Holly
    Holly Howe M.Photog., Cr.
    www.1224artdolls.com

Holly,
    I had given up on going due to a schedule conflict, but your glowing review of the trade show and print exhibit is tempting me to reconsider. My schedule would only allow me to get there in time to have the full day on Tuesday, do you think it would be worth it?
    Thanks
    Greg
    Greg Haag, CPP

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Haag View Post
    Holly,
    I do you think it would be worth it?
    Greg
    Yes! Trade show is open from 11:00 - 4:30 on Tuesday - I just looked it up. If you have never been - wear comfortable shoes (HA! like I am ever gonna do that!) and bring a backpack to hold all the info you will collect. A small snapshot type camera is also nice to make "visual notes". Hope to see you there!

Holly
    www.1224artdolls.com

Holly,
    Thanks, I look forward to seeing everything! Do you think I will have any problems with registering on-site for the trade show and print exhibit?
    Thanks
    Greg
    Greg Haag, CPP

Greg - you might have to wait in line - but by Tuesday the lines will be pretty short. I think it might be too late to preregister but if you call PPA they can tell you. We faxed ours in - the challenge is if the preregistration packet has time to get to you in the mail. Also - many suppliers have free trade show passes. Call your lab or a supplier and see if you can still get one. We got ours from ACI.

Holly
    www.1224artdolls.com

Holly,
    Thanks for the help!
    Greg
    Greg Haag, CPP