competition possibility
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default competition possibility

Here is the original:

And here is how I've cropped it so far:

Should I recrop, leave as is, start over...?
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

So, the insert devil gets me again! could it be my computer?

original:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9784369...n/photostream/

edited;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9784369...n/photostream/
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

Linda,
    You know how much I know (haha)...and I am in no way qualified to judge - but my OPINION is that I like the original the best. It just seems to have more room - and it's brighter. I just like it better.
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com
    Will I EVER know how to use what I learn?

Lori,

Yours is a valuable opinion to me! I agree, I like the original better but...competition has other ideas. I've tried cropping this thing to get the bird out of the center for three years and every time I do, I go back to the original with it centered. It breaks the rules but works for my eye yet....for competition....???
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

How about you try the crop without the vignette and let me see it.
    Lori Clapp
    www.amomentintime2.com
    Will I EVER know how to use what I learn?

Linda,

Here's an idea, how about if we here from some one who actually knows what judges are looking for?

Not taking a shot at Lori, (but I think we all know that, since she admits she knows nothing about competition, either), just asking some Masters or judges or someone to pony up.

Which, I never figured out either, so I am not offer advice.

But I do love the image.
    Donnie Eisenhart

Don Eisenhart Photography
    Would list my web site, but it really needs work...

Sarcasim in green for clarity!

Donnie,

I would hope someone else would chime in that has a more experienced opinion but it's neat for Lori to add her ideas...and definitely helps her learn to 'see'. Heh, maybe at my expense, but then, s' okay with me.
    Linda Gregory
    www.lindagregory.com

Linda - I have judged - but I am NOT an affilate juror. Here's what I think. It's too hard to make an educated guess from the small low res files we see here. A couple of times Keith and I have been way off on what we thought a print would score based on looking at it on the forum. What we are guessing is when the print was actually produced, there were issues not apparent in alow res small size image on a computer monitor. With that in mind - I do like this print. I like the cropped vignetted version best. I would suggest if you are attending Imaging USA - you sign up for the judges critique and take an actual print of this image and any others you are considering to have a critique by a juror from this years judging.

Holly
    Holly Howe M.Photog., Cr.
    www.1224artdolls.com

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Gregory View Post
    Donnie,

I would hope someone else would chime in that has a more experienced opinion but it's neat for Lori to add her ideas...and definitely helps her learn to 'see'. Heh, maybe at my expense, but then, s' okay with me.
    Linda,

Yuppers, it's way cool that Lori offers her opinion.

She is a valued member of this forum, her time is valuable, and it's generous of her to respond to your thread.

As it is for Holly, and I am glad to see her experianced input, as well.

So, again, no ding at Lori, none at all, just would like to see those who have traveled this road offer some advice.
    Donnie Eisenhart

Don Eisenhart Photography
    Would list my web site, but it really needs work...

Sarcasim in green for clarity!