So who is REALLY going? - Page 27
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Welp, We made it home in one piece and stress free by staying the extra day.

Somehow, every year, there's an emotional tear jerker at the convention. This year, the awards ceremony Honorary Master to Monte just absolutely overwelmed me. What made it worse for me was Frank Cricchio was sitting in front of me crying his eyes out. This is the third year in the row where I got weepy.

Impressions of the convention - I didn't get to see enough of the programs due to all other activities that required either getting into a tuxedo, or being on council (I really wanted to see Arthur Rainville and Jen Hudson). Trade show was overwelming, but I managed to behave myself in spending. The parties wer fun as usual....but what's with the retreaded desserts??

Those of you I managed to get to meet, I was not disappointed. You guys rock. Wish I didn't have to be a social butterfly with all the other people I know. I'll try to be better next year. (Maybe a big ol OurPPA flag next year?)

Oh, and thanks for yelling and screaming at me during the awards ceremony...that was a surprise!

Michael
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Default "www.ourppa.com" badge sticky attachment

Did you all get one?

I kept looking for them, but totally missed them. I did have chance to say hello to President elect Jack, and to see his program. I was walking around town Friday in 74 degree temps. Walked by Rio Rio during day Friday, but missed going there Saturday; I was asked to join friends to Market area's Ti Mia restaurant, which was a little less touristy than some river walk places.

Tuesday night, Jeff was running around with one pair glasses, saying I need a picture - put these glasses on! Crazy.

Michael, what was your award? I missed that. I was in audience; a good friend got the award for 13th loan print, and I saw Monte's and others. When they started the degrees, friends said let's go party. I was to be sponsor of a Craftsman recipient but his wife had health issues and he did not travel.

I also regret not meeting some of the participants; I agree that we do socialize with many great people we have met before, from my New England area to Florida, Texas, Oregon, and Hawaii.

I was lucky with my scheduled Wednesday flight. Continental from San Antonio at 11:00 to Houston to Detroit to Manchester NH. My car was frozen with half inch of ice, which took 40 minues to warm and clear, at 5 degree temps! Northeast had bad ice storm Sunday/Monday; the southern people thought mid 30's was uncomfortable!
    George
    George Hawkins
    Cr. Photog.

Default Frank Chricchio Story ?

[QUOTE=Michael Gan;51652]Welp, We made it home in one piece and stress free by staying the extra day.

Somehow, every year, there's an emotional tear jerker at the convention. This year, the awards ceremony Honorary Master to Monte just absolutely overwelmed me. What made it worse for me was Frank Cricchio was sitting in front of me crying his eyes out.

Hi Michael; Would you like a really good Frank Chricchio story ? I have a great one from when I took his advanced lighting course at Triangle Institute in Pittsburgh.

Hey George,

Got my Craftsman degree. I've been dreaming of that blue and gold neckless for a long time.

Craig, would love to hear a Frank Story. I've been involved long enough to remember when Frank was getting all the ladies (come to think of it, I think he still does), when Monte was married, and Warren Motts was a young guy as PPA President.

Michael
    Michael Gan,M.Photog.Cr. CPP,
    Meritage House of Photography

If your business depends on you, you don't own a business-you have a job. And it's the worst job in the world because you're working for a lunatic... You can't close it when you want to, because if it's closed you don't get paid. You can't leave it when you want to, because if you leave there's nobody there to do the work. You can't sell it when you want to, because who wants to buy a job?
    —Michael Gerber
    http://www.meritageonmain.blogspot.com

Hey! my ISP went down yesterday and just came back - so I couldn't post images. I'll get to it today!

Holly
    Holly Howe M.Photog., Cr.
    www.1224artdolls.com

HEY Everyone- Stop Talking about Holly Now--- She is back. SHHHHH.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gan View Post
    I've been involved long enough to remember when Frank was getting all the ladies (come to think of it, I think he still does). Michael
    I remember when Frank had dark hair.
    Don Barnes
    The Photographers

The Titanic was built by Professionals,
    The Ark by Amateurs.

I'm happy all made it home safe and sound....I wanted so much to be there seeing this will me my last year in Texas. My house sold 2 weeks ago and I had to make a quick last minute trip to WV to look for another one. After a week of searching I had a signed contract and was on my way home only to run into the ice storm. I stayed over in Memphis a couple days just long enough to miss out on all the fun. Maybe next year....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Jane Ann