Some info
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some info

Default Some info

Hey - for what it's worth. We just talked to our hotel. The guy there told us do not take the airport shuttle - unless there is only one person. A cab from the airport is about $21 for two people ($14 a piece in the shuttle). Plus you go directly to your hotel - not stopping at every hotel along the way.

Also - we are staying at the Sheraton and were concerned about the 7-8 block walk to the convention center if it was cold or rainly etc. He told us there is a public trolley that stops right by the Sheraton ( and presumably other hotels) and for 80 cents you get dropped right at the door of the convention center.

just a couple hints we heard - for what it's worth to anyone.

Holly
    Holly Howe M.Photog., Cr.
    www.1224artdolls.com

HI Holly,
    Carolle is there tonight and said the river has water in it, and that Landry's was a fantastic seafood restaurant. See you soon.
    Jeff
    Jeff Dachowski M.Photog Cr.CPP A.C.ph
    PPA Approved Juror
    Upcoming events:

Photoshop 101
    Sacramento
    San Jose
    Seattle
    Portland
    Minneapolis
    Oklahoma City
    Washington DC

www.DachowskiPhotography.com

Avatar by 2008 Diamond photographer of the year-Don Chick

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Dachowski View Post
    HI Holly,
    Carolle is there tonight and said the river has water in it, and that Landry's was a fantastic seafood restaurant. See you soon.
    Jeff
    Landry's is a great restaurant. I've eaten there and really enjoyed the food. There are a couple of other places I need to check out too.
    Regards,
    Howard Kier, CPP Weddings, ABI, MBA and DAD
    Magical Moments Photography

I checked the 10 day forecast last night... RAIN RAIN RAIN. Aren't we a lucky bunch?

Jackie Haggerty
    M.Photog.Cr., CPP

www.jackiehaggerty.com

I have come to accept the feeling of not knowing where I am going. And I have trained myself to love it. Because it is only when we are suspended in mid-air with no landing in sight, that we force our wings to unravel and alas begin our flight. And as we fly, we still may not know where we are going to. But the miracle is in the unfolding of the wings. You may not know where you're going, but you know that so long as you spread your wings, the winds will carry you.

― C. JoyBell C.

Glad to know everyone is there, I was going to go, but the phones got so busy and everyone wants to talk weddings right now, so we stayed here in Atlanta to book weddings while everyone else is away.

Booked 3 so far this week, but 4 others still to meet with. At least at this point but I am sure that will increase in number by the time every one gets home from Texas.

Why do they schedule events like this for such an important time of the year when brides are busy trying to get their vendors all lined up.
    Craig Willes

Default It used to be ...

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Willes View Post
    Why do they schedule events like this for such an important time of the year when brides are busy trying to get their vendors all lined up.
    For the other' Craig ... PPA used to hold them in mid summer. Back then any state could have the host city. Now that they are in winter, it is very limited on what state can be picked. For me, I'd much rather see them in a warm month.

Have you looked at the attendence records since IUSA was moved to Jan? Obviously for most people this is a better time of year. Personally I hated sweating to death in Vegas in July. You can't please everyone. If it was March or April - the complaints would be proms and dance schools. If it was June - Sept - seniors. If it was Oct or Nov - family portraits for Christmas. No matter when the event is schedualed someone will be unhappy. I do know that last year many vendors told me ( cause I asked)that people were actually buying in the trade show as opposed to just looking. Everyone is flush with cash from the end of the year. I know we spent more in the trade show then we ever had before. Also - summer time is vacation time for many people - so I suspect many hotels are not as willing to offer great rates when they would be full anyway. In Jan they are probably looking to fill rooms and are more negotiable. That's just my guess. I'm sure Jack could give us even more insights as to the Jan schedualing.

Holly
    Holly Howe M.Photog., Cr.
    www.1224artdolls.com

I will miss you all, and think of you there while I am here, praying for snow...

I made a decision not to go this year, but it was a tough one. I'm still feeling a tug, but know that it is best to stay here. I am currently interviewing folks, I'm going to hire a part time helper in the studio. And getting caught up after Christmas rush, finally! I didn't want to just barely get caught up, then leave to go to the convention and get behind all over again!

So you guys have fun, write and check in when you get time....

Karen Linsley, Cr.Photog., CPP
    www.imageangels.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#/ImageAngel...graphyServices
    Now Blogging! http://imageangels.com/blog/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/imageangel

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Willes View Post
    IUSA 2006 was a record trade show and a record attendance of about 7000, I don't have my book with me at the moment. IUSA 2007 SET NEW RECORDS. The trade show had 500 venders and a waiting list and the attendance topped 8000. The last 3 IUSA's (held in Jan) were all record setters. This Opposed to the summer held conferences that were not nearly as well attended.
    No matter how hard you try, you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time. You can only do the best your very best. This statement applies to us as individuals, our businesses and to the PPA.
    Keith
    Keith A. Howe
    M.Photog.,M.Artist, Cr.,D.F.Ph.

Default Atlantic City ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith A. Howe View Post
    IUSA 2006 was a record trade show and a record attendance of about 7000, I don't have my book with me at the moment. IUSA 2007 SET NEW RECORDS. The trade show had 500 venders and a waiting list and the attendance topped 8000. The last 3 IUSA's (held in Jan) were all record setters. This Opposed to the summer held conferences that were not nearly as well attended.
    No matter how hard you try, you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time. You can only do the best your very best. This statement applies to us as individuals, our businesses and to the PPA.
    Keith
    Hi Keith;

I just liked having it in Atlantic City ... a 4 hour drive. And I was hoping they would have it in Hershey some year ... so I'd have a ten minute drive. LOL

I do understand though. Having been on the board of governors for PPAofPa for 7 years, I know why we voted to move our convention from August to April. The hotels don't want to talk to you about a summer event.